- Visit Butler
- Apply to Butler
- Request Information
- Virtual Tour
- Find Your Counselor
- Butler on the Road
- Affordability & Aid
- International Admission
- Transfer Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Non-Degree Admission
- Admitted Students
Transfer New Student Checklist
If you didn't already do so, be sure to view your online decision letter on your student status page. Completing this step will open up your access to other status page activities, like paying your enrollment deposit.
To do this, log in to your student status page and navigate to the Status Update section. Click View Update.
To officially reserve your place in the incoming class, submit your $500 enrollment deposit online. To avoid bank processing delays, we recommend paying with a credit card instead of a debit card or check.
- Log on to your student status page and navigate to Status Update. Select View Update.
- Select Reply to Offer of Admission under the Forms section. Complete and submit the form.
- From your status page, select Submit Payment for $500. Complete and submit the form.
- Confirm your information, mailing address, and major on the main status page. If anything is listed incorrectly, please contact the Office of Admission.
This deposit is refundable with written request submitted prior to August 1 (fall transfers) or prior to January 1 (spring transfers).
We encourage all prospective #ButlerBound families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. The federal formula takes into account several factors, and many families mistakenly self-select themselves out of the financial aid process and miss the opportunity to explore all aid programs available.
Use school code: 001788.
Please note: Due to the recent events surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), Butler University has decided to cancel all campus visits through through the end of April. More details about virtual visit options are available here.
Would you like to meet with your admission counselor and take a campus tour? Consider it done! Schedule your trip to campus at butler.edu/visit.
You’ll use your Butler network account throughout your time as a student. More immediately, this account will grant you access to your financial aid notification, online bill status, and housing information. Your personal login information and instructions to set up your account will be emailed to you a few weeks after you’re admitted.
Once you've set up your account, you'll be able to access your official Butler email and calendar at outlook.com/butler. For more information about these steps, preparing your technology for move-in, smartphone email set-up instructions, and more, check out Information Technology's Quick Start for Admitted Students resource.
Butler University policy requires all students to complete the Acceptance of Financial Responsibility(AFR) process each semester prior to enrollment. The AFR statement outlines your commitment to pay all expenses incurred at Butler University (including any penalties that result due to past due payments). This requirement must be completed prior to enrollment. To complete the process, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your my.butler.edu account and select Self Service Student Homepage.
- Click on the tile marked Tasks then click on Butler Accept Financial Responsibility.
- Review the text thoroughly before clicking Next (at the upper right of the screen).
- Read the agreement and check the boxt next to Accept Terms and Conditions, then Save. Click Next (at the upper right of the screen).
- Click Finish to complet the process. The indicator will be removed from your account to allow registration.
If you have any problems logging in or have technology related questions, please call the Butler University IT Help Desk at 317-940-HELP (4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing information will be sent after your enrollment deposit is received, including the date that the online application form will become available on my.butler.edu. Complete the housing application as soon as possible after the process opens and before your New Student Registration date. Housing and roommate assignments will be emailed in July 2020.
Please note: All 2020 New Student Registration events will transition to Virtual Registration appointments due to the University's response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Students will receive information about next steps after submitting their enrollment deposit.
Fall transfer students only: New Student Registration is the gateway event to becoming an official Butler Bulldog. While on campus, you’ll meet other incoming students, schedule your first semester of classes with an academic advisor, get your official Butler student ID, and spend time with faculty, staff, and other students in your academic college. Students are welcome to bring up to two guests and lunch is provided. Come prepared with any questions you have about life as a Bulldog and leave ready to tackle your first year on campus.
Transfer student sessions will be offered in June 2020. Students who have submitted an enrollment deposit will be notified via email with instructions on how to submit date preferences.
Following a review of transfer credits, it’s possible that a placement exam will be required to determine an appropriate course placement. If a placement exam is needed, you will be contacted by Academic Orientation Programs with specific information about how to proceed. Any needed placement exams must be completed by the stated deadline.
If you were admitted with college coursework in progress, you’ll need to request that your official transcript with final grades posted be sent to the Butler Office of Admission as soon as it’s available. All admitted transfer students must also submit their final high school transcript with graduation date posted prior to August 1.
There are three health requirements you'll want to take care of well before Welcome Week:
1. Provide an updated copy of your immunization records to Health Services before August 1. This record can be from a family doctor or state health agency. Immunization requirements are similar to those required in K-12.
2. A current physical exam (within 12 months of enrollment) is also required. Healthcare providers may complete and sign a general physical form or you may use the Health Services form located under the “Forms” section of the Health Services website.
3. Annually, all undergraduates are requested to either provide proof of their existing health insurance information or enroll in the University sponsored program. If you don't take action by the late July billing date, you'll be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University sponsored plan. More information is available here.
Copies of these documents can be faxed to Health Services at 317-940-6403, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to: Health Services Room 110, 530 West 49th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
TheVerify Contact Information process occurs twice a year. A hold will be placed on your account until you move through a three-step process to remove it. You will be unable to register, change, or add classes until the hold is removed. To remove the hold today, read these step-by-step instructions.
We’re a social university, and now that you’re a part of the Bulldog family, we encourage you to connect!
Admitted students will be able to view all financial aid items in our Student Financial Planning tool.
Students can access the Student Financial Planning tool from My.Butler under Academic Tools. Please be sure to review all Pending items in red on the HOME page, and check out any red numbered notification badges in the navigation header. Check back regularly to be sure that you don’t have anything pending, and watch for your financial aid notification to be available to view sometime after February 1.
Students can grant their parents access to Student Financial Planning, too! To grant access, the student must:
- Click on the small triangle to the far right top right in the header.
- Select Profile.
- Under Manage Guest Access, click on the person + image.
- Enter your parent’s email. Please note: it is case sensitive, so we recommend using all lowercase letters.
- Click on the save icon to the right of Enabled.
The enabled parent can access the Student Financial Planning tool at sfp-parent.butler.edu. Parents will log in using the parent email the student enabled and the student’s Butler ID Number as the password.