- Visit Butler
- Apply to Butler
- Request Information
- Virtual Tour
- Find Your Counselor
- Butler on the Road
- Affordability & Aid
- International Admission
- Transfer Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Admitted Students
Transfer New Student Checklist
To officially reserve your place in the incoming class, submit your enrollment deposit online. To do so, visit adm.butler.edu/status. This deposit is refundable with written request submitted prior to August 1 (fall transfers) or prior to January 1 (spring transfers).
We encourage all families to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The federal formula takes into account several factors, and many families mistakenly self-select themselves out of the financial aid process and miss the opportunity to explore all aid programs available.
- List our school code on your FAFSA: 001788
Would you like to meet with your Admission Counselor and take a campus tour? Consider it done. Hoping to sit in on a class or speak with a professor? Get your pencil ready. Just want to learn more about Butler and why it may be the right choice for you? We can help with that, too.
Schedule your trip to campus at www.butler.edu/visit or 888-940-8121.
You’ll use your Butler network account—my.butler.edu—throughout your time as a student. More immediately, this account will grant you access to your financial aid status, online bill status, housing information, and class registration. Butler network login information and instructions are sent on a rolling basis a few weeks after you're admitted.
Once you've set up your account, you'll be able to access your official Butler email and calendar at outlook.com/butler. Don’t want to check multiple accounts? You can forward your Butler email to your primary email account by clicking on "Forwarding Options" in the bottom right-hand corner of the login page. Be sure to check the box for "Deliver to both BUmail and Forwarding Address".
For more information about these steps, preparing your technology for move-in, smartphone email set-up instructions, and more, check out Information Technology's Quick Start for Admitted Students resource.
Information on housing options will be mailed directly from Residence Life after your enrollment deposit has been received. Complete your housing intention as soon as possible online at my.butler.edu. Housing assignments are made based upon the date the online intention is first finalized.
It’s possible that a placement exam will be required to determine an appropriate course placement. If a placement is needed, you will be contacted by the Academic Orientation Programs office with specific information about how to complete the exam. All placement exams should be completed prior to enrolling in classes.
Butler University policy requires all students to complete the Acceptance of Financial Responsibility(AFR) process prior to enrollment. The AFR statement outlines your commitment to pay all expenses incurred at Butler University. This requirement must be completed prior to class registration. To complete the process, please log into your my.butler.edu account and navigate to:
- Log in to your my.butler.edu account and select Self Service Student Homepage.
- Click on the tile marked TASKS then click on Butler Accept Financial Responsibility.
- Review the text thoroughly before clicking Next (at the upper right of the screen).
- Read the agreement and check the box next to Accept Terms and Conditions, then SAVE. Click Next (at the upper right of the screen).
- Click FINISH to complete the process. The indicator will be removed from your account to allow registration.
If you were admitted as a transfer student with college coursework in progress, you’ll need to request that your official transcript with final grades posted be sent to the Butler Office of Admission as soon as it’s available. Admitted Transfer students are also required to submit their final high school transcript indicating their graduation date. This must be done before you are able to enroll for classes at Butler University.
There are three health requirements you'll want to take care of well before Welcome Week:
1. Provide an updated copy of your immunization records to Health Services before August 1. This record can be from a family doctor or state health agency. Immunization requirements are similar to those required in K-12.
2. A current physical exam (within 12 months of enrollment) is also required. Healthcare providers may complete and sign a general physical form or you may use the Health Services form located under the “Forms” section of the Health Services website.
3. Annually, all undergraduates are requested to either provide proof of their existing health insurance information or enroll in the University sponsored program. If you don't take action by the late July billing date, you'll be automatically enrolled in and billed for the University sponsored plan. More information is available here.
Copies of these documents can be faxed to Health Services at 317-940-6403, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: Health Services Room 110, 530 West 49th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
Butler launched a new process to collect emergency information from all students. This Verify Contact Information process occurs twice a year. A hold will be placed on your account until you move through a three-step process to remove it. You will be unable to register, change, or add classes until the hold is removed. To remove the hold today, read these step-by-step instructions.
We’re a social university, and now that you’re a part of the Bulldog family, we encourage you to connect with us!
Fall transfer students only: During your New Student Registration day, you’ll learn about curricular requirements and opportunities beyond the classroom, meet faculty, staff, and students from across campus, and meet individually with an academic advisor to register for fall classes. Transfer student sessions will be offered in June 2020.