The Office of Student Accounts supports Butler University’s core mission by providing exemplary service as confident stewards of the University’s financial resources. We foster a learning environment that promotes student responsibility and helps to ensure financial success.
- Customer Service
Customer Service: We strive to deliver an exemplary experience by providing thorough, timely and friendly service in person, via telephone and email communications.
Communication: Providing relevant, thorough and timely information is our daily goal. This is accomplished via individual contact, our office website, social media (Facebook and Instagram), office voicemail messaging and monthly E-Bill communications.
Teaching: Our goal is to guide students along the path of financial responsibility by providing them with the information necessary for financial success. We stress the importance of prioritizing and the necessity of follow through. As an educational institution, we want our students to graduate with confidence in their ability to successfully navigate future financial matters and concerns.
Understanding: It is important to understand individual concerns and we accomplish this goal by listening intently, asking relevant questions and providing thorough and specific information and answers. We understand that personal finances can be difficult to navigate. However, we are here to assist and eliminate any confusion.
Unity: As a unified team, our staff is dedicated to the success of our students and all Butler University constituents. To ensure that success, we work closely with each other and our administrative office partners across campus to provide ongoing accuracy and consistency.
General Services Provided
- Publish an electronic billing statement (E-Bill) the 2nd Wednesday of every month.
- Administer the Monthly Payment Plan option.
- Process refund checks while classes are in session for students who have a credit balance.
- Provide student account counseling.
- Post paper check payments (including 529 plan payments) to accounts when received by mail.
- Provide billing invoices to third parties upon request & receipt of authorization.
- Process departmental receipts.
Please note: an AFTER HOURS drop slot is available for check payments. Please include BU ID on all paper checks.