Billing & Payment
Monthly billing statements are available in an electronic ONLY format (E-Bill) and the Amount Due Now is due in full by the due date indicated. E-Bills are published the 2nd Wednesday of every month. E-Bill publish dates and due date are available here. Please keep in mind that E-Bills are not “updated” for any reason (e.g. changes in enrollment, meal plans, financial aid, etc.).
When the E-Bill is available to view, an e-mail is sent to students’ Butler e-mail address AND to any authorized PAYERs that students have created on their account from firstname.lastname@example.org. To access E-Bill & E-Pay, students log into their my.butler.edu account, click on Self-Service Student Homepage then Student Center. In the Student Center, under the FINANCES heading, select View Bills. In addition to viewing the billing statement, making electronic payments, creating authorized PAYER accounts and expediting receipt of the 1098T document are also options that are available.
Please note: Financial Aid, including loans, may be indicated on the E-Bill as Anticipated Aid which means the aid has been included in the calculation for the amount due on the E-Bill. At the beginning of the fall and spring terms, the aid is scheduled to actually POST to students’ accounts on the fifth day of class.
- Electronic payments from checking and savings accounts can be submitted with NO fee. View the instructions to make a payment via E-Pay.
- 529 plan payments, from a list of supported plans, can also be submitted via E-Pay. A $10.00 convenience fee applies.
- Credit card payments must be made via E-Pay. Credit card payments via mail, phone or in person cannot be processed.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted online.
- Note: The minimum non-refundable fee of $3.00 applies to payments over $20.00 and less than $106.00.
- A 2.85% non-refundable fee applies to domestic credit card payments and a 4.25% non-refundable fee applies to international credit card payments.
An Authorized Payer (AP) is anyone who is assisting a student with their financial obligation. Students can create as many authorized Payers as they want. To create an authorized Payer, students log into E-Bill & E-Pay:
- Click on name (top left) and in your profile (basic information) section, scroll down to Payers and click on Send a payer invitation. Complete Payer’s name and email address. Adding a message is optional.
- Once the invitation is sent, the Payer receives an e-mail notification from email@example.com with a temporary password.
- If Payer doesn’t receive an e-mail in their IN box, check JUNK or SPAM folders.
- Payers have a separate web address which is included in the e-mail with the temporary password and on all subsequent notifications.
- After an authorized PAYER account is created, the PAYER receives e-mail notifications from firstname.lastname@example.org and may view the student’s E-Bill and make electronic payments by logging on commerce.cashnet.com/butler. (CASHNet is now Transact, however, web address indicated for Authorized Payers is still correct.)
Please note: If APs forget their password, there are 2 options to reset:
- Students can reset when logged into the E-Bill & E-Pay system. Clock on the “pencil” next to the Payer’s name and select, Resend payer invitation. The Payer will receive an email with a new temporary password.
- AP can go to E-Bill & E-Pay, click on Forgot Password and follow the prompts to complete.
Having trouble viewing your E-Bill?
When you attempt to view your E-Bill or make an electronic payment, do you receive a message that states, “you are not authorized to access…” If so, you are experiencing a browser issue. To resolve, first determine what type of system you are using (MAC/Apple or PC).
If you’re using a MAC (Apple) computer and the Safari browser, go to the main browser menu and click Safari then PREFERENCES, then the PRIVACY tab. Select Allow from websites I visit. Go back and log in again.
If you’re using a PC (any other personal computer), relax the browser security settings.
Either of the two steps above should allow you to access the E-Bill and E-Pay site. If problems persist with viewing your E-Bill, please contact us at email@example.com or the HELP desk at (317) 940-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org.