Summer Guest Registration
Streamlined Process Available for Undergraduates
Butler has a simplified process for students at other institutions who want to take undergraduate classes during the summer but do not want to be admitted to a degree program. There is no fee to apply, and no transcripts from your home school are required.
If you are a graduate student, you must apply for Graduate Admission to be admitted.
Undergraduates should follow these steps to enroll:
- Choose your classes. Check Class Search (summer schedule available in mid-December) for summer schedule details: updates, descriptions, days and times, dates, and available seats.
- Complete this Summer Guest Student Registration Form (PDF). Mail or fax it to the address on the form. You can apply as late as the day before a class starts. Please be sure to sign and return both pages. Summer registration for Butler students opens on February 1, and we will begin processing summer guest student registration forms two to three weeks later.
- We will send you an email confirmation of your class registrations after your enrollment.
- The Office of Student Accounts offers electronic billing statements (E-Bills).
The cost for these undergraduate non-degree classes is generally per credit hour. See the Student Accounts web page for more details. No financial aid is available for Summer Guest enrollment.
After the summer session ends, you can transfer your completed coursework back to your home institution by requesting an official transcript.
Summer 2020 Calendar
- First part of term: May 11, 2020 through June 26, 2020
- Second part of term: June 29, 2020 through August 14, 2020
Please consult Class Search to determine the exact dates and time when your class is offered.
A maximum of 18 credit hours of classes may be taken as an undergraduate non-degree student.