Registration and Records
- Transcripts and Verifications
- Student Center
- Major and Minor Changes
- Test Credits and Advanced Placement
- Final Grades and Exams
- Academic Calendar
- Transfer Credits
- Study Abroad Programs
- Applying to Graduate
- Name/Gender/Address Information
- R&R—For Faculty
- Academic Bulletins
- Meet our Staff
Transcripts and Verifications
Due to the evolving actions being taken across the US to contain COVID-19, the Registration and Records staff is working remotely to serve you.
- You may contact us by email at Registrar@butler.edu or by phone at 317-940-9203 (or toll free: 800-368-6852) Monday-Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM.
- Be aware that requests for verifications and transcripts (not to include overnight requests) may take up to 5 business days to process after receipt.
- If you must fax a request, please let us know by emailing us at Registrar@butler.edu.
Request a Transcript
Requests for an official copy of your Butler University transcript may be submitted online through our Online Transcript Ordering service provided through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), a non-profit organization serving the higher education community. Learn more about ordering an official transcript.
View your unofficial transcript
Current students may review their unofficial transcript at any time by following the instructions in Ask.Butler. Former Butler students may send a written request for a copy of their unofficial transcript. Learn more about requesting an unofficial transcript.
If you don't need a full transcript with all your coursework and grades, but do need to provide documentation to someone that you are or have been a student at Butler University, you may request an Enrollment Verification.
Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA-Butler)
If you participated in a study abroad program through IFSA-Butler, click here.
Order a Replacement Diploma
If you are a Butler graduate and need to replace your diploma, you may order a Replacement Diploma.
If you have any questions, please call Registration and Records at 317-940-9203 or 800-368-6852 extension 9203