Order an Official Transcript
Due to the evolving actions being taken across the US to contain COVID-19, the Registration and Records staff is working remotely to serve you.
- You may contact us by email at Registrar@butler.edu or by phone at 317-940-9203 (or toll free: 800-368-6852) Monday-Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM.
- To avoid any mail delays or interruptions, we recommend that you choose to have transcripts sent electronically, rather than by mail, when possible.
- Be aware that requests for transcripts to be mailed (not to include overnight requests) may take up to 5 business days to process after receipt.
- Transcript requests for overnight delivery that are received after 11:00AM will be processed the next business day.
- If you qualify for a free transcript, we recommend that you submit your completed Free Transcript Request form as a pdf or as a picture if using a smart phone to Registrar@butler.edu. Please be aware it may take up to 5 business days to process after receipt.
- If you must fax a request, please let us know by emailing us at Registrar@butler.edu.
- CAS and AMCAS applicants, please note that CAS and AMCAS will maintain regular operations, but recommend students have their transcript delivered electronically, rather than by mail.
Requests for an official copy of your Butler University transcript may be submitted online through our Online Transcript Ordering service provided through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), a non-profit organization serving the higher education community.
This service allows us to send electronic transcripts via a link, which is valid for 45 days. Electronic transcripts must be delivered directly to the intended recipient because the transcript link cannot be forwarded to another recipient. If other documents must be sent with your transcript, you will have the option to upload them at the time of your request. If you have the electronic sent to you for the purpose of printing and uploading it for an application, please be aware that the word "copy" will appear as a watermark in the background of the printout. Likewise, scanning a paper copy of your official transcript to upload for applications will result in a "void" watermark printed in the background, due to the design of our secure transcript paper.
Once you order your transcript, you can track your order via the Transcript Order Status tool. Before ordering a transcript, please be sure to review the following topics and frequently asked questions listed below: