Order an Official Transcript
The Registration and Records staff is back on campus to serve you. Each day, some staff members will be in the office while others will be working remotely.
If you need to visit us in Jordan Hall 180, you may call or email us to schedule an appointment:
- Email us at Registrar@butler.edu
- Phone at 317-940-9203 (or toll free: 800-368-6852)
Summer office hours (July 6 through August 14): 8:00AM-4:30PM.
Regular office hours, 8:30AM-5:00PM, resume on August 17.
- To avoid any mail delays or interruptions, we recommend that you choose to have transcripts sent electronically, rather than by mail, when possible.
- Be aware that requests for transcripts to be mailed (not to include overnight requests) may take up to 5 business days to process after receipt.
- Transcript requests for overnight delivery that are received after 11:00AM will be processed the next business day.
- If you qualify for a free transcript, we recommend that you submit your completed Free Transcript Request form as a pdf to Registrar@butler.edu. Please be aware it may take up to 5 business days to process after receipt.
- CAS and AMCAS applicants, please note that CAS and AMCAS will maintain regular operations, but recommend students have their transcript delivered electronically, rather than by mail.
Requests for an official copy of your Butler University transcript may be submitted online through our Online Transcript Ordering service provided through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), a non-profit organization serving the higher education community.
This service allows us to send electronic transcripts via a link, which is valid for 45 days. Electronic transcripts must be delivered directly to the intended recipient because the transcript link cannot be forwarded to another recipient. If other documents must be sent with your transcript, you will have the option to upload them at the time of your request. If you have the electronic version sent to you for the purpose of printing and uploading it for an application, please be aware that the word "copy" will appear as a watermark in the background of the printout. Likewise, scanning a paper copy of your official transcript to upload for applications will result in a "void" watermark printed in the background, due to the design of our secure transcript paper. To avoid the watermark background appearing on your uploaded transcript, you may take a photo of the paper transcript with a cell phone and upload the image.
Once you order your transcript, you can track your order via the Transcript Order Status tool. Before ordering a transcript, please be sure to review the following topics and frequently asked questions listed below: