Mathematical Sciences Student Awards
Each spring the Department of Mathematical Sciences honors its outstanding students with departmental awards. We invite others to join us in celebrating their achievements.
Given to a student who has demonstrated academic excellence in actuarial science.
- 2022: Erica Forehand
Given to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in data science.
- 2023: Madeline Neely
Given to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in statistics.
- 2023: Aaron Marshall
- 2022: Barbara Hershberger, Ben Jones, Madeline Neely
Given to students who demonstrate high academic achievement in mathematical studies.
- 2023: Kelly Ryan
- 2022: Benjamin Rempfer, DeJuan Winters
Given to students who have completed at least two years in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the Lacy School of Business and who have demonstrated leadership, service, and academic achievement in the named area.
- 2023: Austin Schmidt
- 2022: Carson Gavin
Honors dedication to a professional career in mathematics.
- 2023: Katherine Olsen
- 2022: Katherine Olsen
Honors dedication to a professional career in actuarial science.
- 2023: Sophie Laposha
- 2022: Adam Brody, May Huff, Scott Sinclair
Honors dedicated to research in mathematics.
- 2023: Nicole Dickson
- 2022: David Gregory, Eric Nofziger
Presented to outstanding upper-class students majoring in mathematics.
- 2023: Evan Blom, Chloe Helmreich
- 2022: Nicole Dickson, Kelly Ryan
- Actuarial Science: Alex Gatje
- Mathematics: Chloe Makdad
- Statistics: Emily Shoemaker