The College of Communication offers a variety of opportunities for students to explore the world around them and to learn from CCOM professors across the globe, from Los Angeles to New York City and London to Tokyo .
Where Are We Going?
Start in the seaside town of Galway for three days and engage in the local history and culture. While there, learn about the history of Gaelic games in Ireland and how to play Ireland’s most popular sports – hurling and Gaelic football. Also take in the breath-taking Cliffs of Moher. For the last seven days, stay in Dublin and experience the historic depth of this modern city. We’ll discover Dublin’s top attractions while learning about the strategic communication associated with their popularity. Time in Dublin includes tours of Google’s headquarters, Dublin’s Tourist Office, Blarney Castle (and kissing the Blarney Stone for the gift of gab!), and Game of Thrones filming locations.
- Day trip to Cliffs of Moher
- Walking tour of Dublin
- Viking Tour
- Trinity College and Book of Kells
- The Irish Emigration Museum
- Irish dance and music event
- Guinness Brewery Tour
- Visit to Google Headquarters
- Visit to Tourist Office
- Day trip to Blarney Castle
- Game of Thrones tour (Belfast)
Butler University’s College of Communication Study Aboard to Germany program provides students with a mix of culture, history, language, and media.
- Taught by Butler instructors, local media experts, and guest speakers from news, radio/TV, concert industry, marketing, and government
- Group field trips (to be determined) such as Deutshe Welle, ZDF, Neumann, Cologne Cathedral, Roman ruins, Babelsberg studio, and a concentration camp memorial site.
- Students and faculty stay together in hotels with easy public transportation access to AIB and town
- Students will create and give audiovisual presentations related to their study abroad experience
- Students will present their projects prior to the Berlin portion of the class
Los Angeles 2023
If leaving the country is not on your summer bucket list than consider the West Coast. In Los Angeles you’ll spend nine weeks taking courses one day a week while interning at a wide variety of companies and organizations. All majors are allowed to apply.
Students spend two months in Los Angeles interning and taking classes. The summer program, which is open to students in any major, offers courses in Communications and Performing Arts. This program partners with Elon University and Butler students will take classes with them, as well as, expanding their network.
Classes are one day per week and students intern during the other days. Students live at the Eddy (https://www.eddy.co/) and the classes take place at this co-working space (https://secondhome.io/location/hollywood/).
Students are responsible for finding their own internship, but Butler will assist with resources.
- Regularly scheduled activities, such as film screenings, behind the scenes tours of productions in progress
- Outdoor activities like hiking and trips to the beach
- Mentoring interactions with alumni who are working and living in Los Angeles
Where Have We Been?
- South Africa
To Learn More :
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org