Late Add FAQs
Do you want to add a class to your schedule after the fifth day of classes?
There is an online workflow process in My.Butler.edu for enrolling in a course after the fifth day of classes. Below are questions most frequently asked by students regarding the new Late Add online process.
- How do I add a class after the fifth day of classes?After the fifth day of classes, students need approval from the class instructor, their primary advisor, and their college dean to add a class. Students can now request these approvals through the self-service functions in My.Butler. By following the steps listed in Ask.Butler.edu, your request will be electronically routed to the appropriate individuals for approval.You will receive “status update” emails as the request moves through the approval process and you will receive a final email when the request is either approved or denied. You will NOT be enrolled in the class until final approval is received from the college dean.
- Can I use the new online process to change to a different section number of the same course?
No, a “swap” (changing section numbers within the same course) must continue to be processed using a paper drop/add form.
- I’m a first-year student. Can I use the new online process to add a class after the fifth day of classes?
Yes, you can. Please follow the instructions at: How do I add a class after the fifth day of classes?
- I’m a non-degree student. Can I use the new online process to add a class after the fifth day of classes?
No, non-degree students must continue to use the paper drop/add form to process a Late Add.
- I need to submit a late add request for more than one class. What should I do?
You may submit multiple late add requests, but they must be submitted one at a time within your Enrollment Shopping Cart. Select the “Request Approval” checkbox for one class, provide an explanation in the “Student Comments” text box, click “Submit”, and then repeat the process for the next class. Refer to Ask.Butler.edu for more information.
- Can I use the new online process to request a Late Add if I have a hold on my record?
No, if you have a “hold” on your record that prevents adds/drops, you will need to resolve the situation and have the “hold” removed before you can request a Late Add. Click here to learn more about holds and how they can impact registration.