Consortium for Urban Education
- Butler University
- Franklin College
- Marian University
- Martin University
- Ivy Tech State College
- University of Indianapolis
Policy and Eligibility
Eligibility for CUE enrollments shall be determined by the student’s Home institution and is subject to conditions outlined below. A student may enroll in a maximum of one CUE course a semester, not to exceed a total of four courses throughout the student’s program. Students may register for credit courses offered by other CUE institutions in the same term on a space-available basis. The consortium is not available to students during summer sessions.
Students may use the cross registration system to register for Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) courses at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) without negating the possibility of cross registration in one other course in addition to ROTC.
Home – Where the student is regularly enrolled
Host – Where the student desires to cross register
- The student is enrolled in at least three credit hours at his/her CUE-member Home institution.
- The student is degree-seeking or seeking certification for teaching.
- The desired course is not currently available at the Home institution or is filled.
- Space is available in the desired course at the Host institution.
- The student has satisfied all the course prerequisites and/or is acceptable to the Host institution.
- Application does not automatically assure admission to the course. Students will be notified of space availability near the beginning of class.
- Tuition, where required, is paid to the Home campus.
- The student is responsible for payment of any additional course fees, lab fees, materials, etc. to the Host institution.
- In cases of differing academic regulations, those of the Host institution will ordinarily apply.
Courses Not Included in Cross Registration
- Courses that include field experience
- Applied Music courses
- Independent study courses
- Capstone/senior seminars
- Tourism Convention and Event Management (TCEM) through IUPUI
CUE Registration Procedures at Butler
- The student prints this CUE Cross Registration Application. If you have any problems, talk to the Cross Registration Officer (CRO) at the Home institution. At Butler, the CRO is Deanna Crisan in the Office of Registration & Records, Jordan Hall, Room 180. Deanna can be contacted by phone, 317-940-9442, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Students do not contact the host school directly to enroll. If enrollment is done directly through the host institution, you will be billed for the course.
- The student consults with his/her advisor for course selection.
- The student secures signatures of his/her Butler advisor and dean.
- The student submits the completed form to the Butler Office of Registration & Records. Forms for fall should be submitted by August 1. Forms for spring should be submitted by December 1. Each University has their own deadlines we must adhere to. You may check individual websites for information. Some universities will NOT process a late request.
- The CRO determines final eligibility of the student to enroll through CUE.
- Butler’s CRO will contact the CRO at the Host institution to determine if space exists in the course. If so, Butler will send the application to the Host institution’s CRO and the student follows Butler’s registration procedures.
- Butler’s CRO completes arrangements for the student
- Secures a place in desired class (if available)
- Distributes and explains all Host institutional policies to the student, such as parking regulations, Veterans policy, etc.
- The student pays any laboratory or special fees to the Host institution.
- The Host CRO transmits the official final grade to the Butler CRO where it will be processed.
The course and grade will appear on the Butler University transcript as having been taken while a student is at Butler. The grade will be included in the Butler grade point average.
How can I find out more?
If you are a Butler student, call 317-940-9442 for more information. If not, contact your home school.