During the 2020/21 term, Student Accounts will not be distributing physical student payroll checks. They strongly encourage you to enroll in direct deposit. If direct deposit isn’t selected, paychecks will be mailed to the active campus or local address listed in my.butler.
Signing Up for Direct Deposit:
- log into my.butler
- on your dashboard, click the “Peoplesoft HR/Payroll” button atop the “Employee Tools” column
- on the Self-Service page that appears, click the “Payroll and Compensation” button
- in the left column, click the “Direct Deposit” tab
- follow the instructions to “Add an Account”
- if you encounter an error that says, “A balance account must be specified (30000,5?),” please visit I.T.’s direct deposit error page
- be on the lookout for a confirmation in your Butler email
- You’ll be paid at an hourly rate, which varies across campus. On average, students earn between $7.50–$12.00 per hour.
- You must submit your work hours each week via your my.butler timesheet. Your supervisor is then responsible for approving your hours.
- Paychecks are distributed every other week. View the 2020–2021 payroll schedule.
- Learn more about Student Paychecks.
- There’s no requirement that you use the money you earn for anything specific; many students use their work-study paychecks to cover day-to-day living costs.