Life and AD&D Insurance
Butler University provides Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance through OneAmerica.
Effective January 1, 2018, dependent children are eligible for supplemental life and AD&D coverage through December 31 following their 26th birthday.
Effective January 1, 2018, spouses are eligible for supplemental life and AD&D coverage through December 31 following their 70th birthday.
It is your responsibility to contact the HR Benefits team and update your benefit coverages when your spouse and/or dependent(s) are no longer eligible for coverage and the benefit premium needs to be dropped from your payroll deductions.
One America will not payout life insurance claims on individuals who are no longer eligible for coverage even if you continue to pay the premiums for coverage.
- 2014 Life & AD&D Presentation w/audio (recorded January 22, 2014)
- Change of Beneficiary Form (PDF) Return this completed document to HR Benefits JH #052.
- 2018 Supplemental Life Enrollment Packet (PDF)
- Evidence of Insurability Form—Required when applying for more than the guaranteed coverage amount or requesting to increase coverage outside the initial enrollment period.
- Application to Port or Convert Group Life to Individual Policy