If this is an emergency and you are in immediate danger, call BUPD emergency 317-940-9999 or 911 as soon as possible.
Please note: you should not use this form to report sexual misconduct. Any report of sexual misconduct received through this system will be shared with the Title IX Coordinator.
Addressing Incidents of Bias
Butler University is committed to maintaining a respectful educational environment, free from discrimination and harassment. Butler does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, military status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. No student or applicant for admission will be excluded from participation in, denied benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in any educational program, opportunity, or activity. Additionally, no employee or applicant for employment will be subjected to discrimination with regard to hiring, firing, advancement, compensation, or other terms or condition of employment. Discrimination and harassment of any kind is not acceptable behavior at Butler; it is inconsistent with the commitment to excellence that characterizes Butler University’s activities. Our policies reflect this commitment:
- Harassment and Non-Discrimination
- University Rules of Conduct
- Campus Demonstrations and Free Speech
- Academic Freedom
- Sexual Misconduct
Looking for ways to learn more or join the Butler conversation?
- Butler Cultural Requirement (BCR)—The Butler Cultural Requirement engages students in valuable and exciting learning opportunities, encourages students to participate in artistic and cultural events and promote lifelong engagement with creative arts and public intellectual life.
- Diversity and Inclusion Board (DIB)—A subdivision of SGA, DIB strives to host diversity events and promote awareness on campus to foster an environment where differences are respected and appreciated.
- Founder’s Week Celebration—In February of each year, Founder’s Week celebrates Butler’s founding principles of diversity, equality, innovation, and access.