If this is an emergency and you are in immediate danger, call BUPD emergency 317-940-9999 or 911 as soon as possible.
Please note: you should not use this form to report sexual misconduct. Any report of sexual misconduct received through this system will be shared with the Title IX Coordinator.
Addressing Incidents of Bias
Report an Incident
All members of the community are encouraged to report incidents of bias they observe or experience.
What Happens When Students Complete an Online Bias Incident Report?
The Bias Assessment and Response Team (BART), convened by the Interim Dean of Students, will meet to review reports that need additional perspectives or the incident rises to a level of potential community harm. (See below.)
Bias Assessment and Response Team Mission
The Bias Assessment and Response Team (BART) is a collaborative work group that strives to create a respectful, hate-free campus environment by 1) supporting those who experience harm and, 2) by seeking remedies to incidents of bias. When University policies are alleged to be violated, remedies include consultation about official reporting options. Through timely and thoughtful action, we work toward building an inclusive campus that welcomes the perspectives, voices, and gifts of all community members.
- Martha Dziwlik, Interim Dean of Students
- John Conley, Chief of Public Safety
- Anila Din, Associate Vice President Human Resources
- Gina Forrest, Executive Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Terri Jett, Associate Professor of Political Science and Special Assistant to the Provost for Diversity and Inclusion
- Daniel Meyers, Director of the Center for Faith and Vocation
- Frank Ross, Vice President for Student Affairs
Reporting Bias Incidents to BUPD
Bias incidents or hate crimes may be reported to the Butler University Police Department.
- You may choose this option if you would like to pursue a criminal process related to the incident.
- BUPD is located at 525 W. Hampton Drive.
- By phone at 317-940-9999 (emergencies) or 317-940-9396 (non-emergency).