If this is an emergency and you are in immediate danger, call BUPD emergency 317-940-9999 or 911 as soon as possible.
Please note: you should not use this form to report sexual misconduct. Any report of sexual misconduct received through this system will be shared with the Title IX Coordinator.
Addressing Incidents of Bias
Report an Incident
All members of the community are encouraged to report incidents of bias they observe or experience.
Report An Incident
All members of the community are encouraged to report incidents of bias they observe or experience. If you have experienced or witnessed a bias incident, there are several ways to submit a report you can use the online report form that is available. Once you have completed and submitted the online form, there are members of the campus community who will reach out to listen and to provide care, support, and resources.
What Happens After I Report an Incident?
When an incident of bias is reported through the online reporting system, the report will be sent to the Dean of Students who will direct the report to the appropriate office.
- When a student submits a report, there are members of the campus community who will reach out to listen and to provide care, support, and resources. In the event that the reported incident is a violation of university policy or federal, state or local statute, the university may be required to take specific action to address the incident and its effects.
- When an employee submits an incident of bias through the online reporting system the report will be reviewed by Human Resources or the Interim Provost as applicable. For infomration, please see the Equal Opportunity/Non-Discrimination Policy
Reporting Bias Incidents to BUPD
Bias incidents or hate crimes may be reported to the Butler University Police Department.
- You may choose this option if you would like to pursue a criminal process related to the incident.
- BUPD is located at 525 W. Hampton Drive.
- By phone at 317-940-9999 (emergencies) or 317-940-9396 (non-emergency).