If this is an emergency and you are in immediate danger, call BUPD emergency 317-940-9999 or 911 as soon as possible.
Please note: you should not use this form to report sexual misconduct. Any report of sexual misconduct received through this system will be shared with the Title IX Coordinator.
Report an Incident
If you have experienced an incident of bias, there are several ways to submit a report:
Reporting Bias Incidents to the University
- You may use the online reporting form, which will be reviewed by the Dean of Students. The Dean of Students will reach out to the individual who submitted the report (if identified) to provide care, support, and resources within two business days.
- Student reports received through this online form will be managed by Student Affairs Staff.
- Faculty and staff reports received through this online form will be directed to Human Resources.
Reporting Bias Incidents to BUPD
- Bias incidents or hate crimes may be reported to the Butler University Police Department.
- You can choose this option if you would like to pursue a criminal process related to the incident.
- BUPD is located at 525 W. Hampton Drive. They can be reached by phone at 317-940-9999 (emergencies) or 317-940-2873.
All members of the community are encouraged to report incidents of bias they observe or experience.