Actuarial Science Careers
Why Study Actuarial Science at Butler?
- One of only a few schools in Indiana to offer a degree in actuarial science
- Actuarial Science/Management program with both an actuarial science degree and an MBA degree
- Active student club in actuarial science
- Board of Visitors for actuarial science offers advice for the program and helps students find internships and jobs
- Program prepares students to take 3-4 actuarial science examinations while at Butler
- B.A. or B.S. in Actuarial Science
- Minor in Actuarial Science
Actuarial Science Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the basic concepts and theory of actuarial science as defined by the six preliminary exams given by the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the SOA Predictive Analytics syllabus.
- Solve insurance and financial problems related to risk assessment and perform related calculations by applying standard actuarial methods.
- Communicate quantitative analyses clearly to various audiences, both in writing and orally.
Advising Blueprint for Career Development
We have compiled an Advising Blueprint for Actuarial Science Majors, which gives suggested activities during your four years at Butler to better support your future career.
Meet Some of our Alumni
If you have a question about the Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or Actuarial Science programs at Butler University, contact:
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Contact: Rena Duerksen