The Eugene S. Pulliam School of
Journalism offers a newly designed, digitally focused
undergraduate degree in journalism that blends coursework with
field experience and turns class assignments into published
Our program provides:
- Rich, hands-on education in multimedia journalism that includes
required coursework in audio, video, digital, print, visual and
- Extensive on-the-ground reporting experience in the nation's
12th largest city and 26th largest media market.
- Publication of coursework on our website - IndianapolisNewsBeat.com - to
enrich graduate resumes and portfolios.
- Wide-ranging opportunities for students from all class levels
to work for and participate in our student-operated and student-led media organizations.
- Fundamental working knowledge of the ethical, legal, economic
and global aspects of the field.
Experience is key to post-graduate
- Produce award-winning stories, newscasts, sportscasts and talk
shows; video and multimedia packages; photographs and photo
illustrations; graphic designs; and print and online publications
for our student media organizations.
- Provide exciting coverage of Butler sports, including live
play-by-play and color commentary through our collaboration with Butlersports.com.
- Develop your leadership and management abilities by becoming an
editor, producer or manager on The Butler Collegian/Collegian Online, The Butler Beat or BU:30.
- Freelance for Sky Blue Window, a weekly online publication
that focuses on the arts in Central Indiana.
- Complete one or more internships tailored to your
Fairbanks, Room 118
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46208
Chair: Dr. Nancy Whitmore
Assistant: Maggie McGlynn