As someone thinking about joining the Butler community, you might be wondering about the Health and Recreation Complex, or HRC, as it’s affectionately known on campus. What is it exactly? Well, you’ve come to the right place. More than just a recreation center, the HRC is a wellness resource for students that offers numerous programs, services, and educational and employment opportunities. You can learn more about those below.
Right now, though, we should probably mentions some of the key features of our facility:
- Two-court gymnasium that can accommodate basketball, volleyball, and badminton
- Six lane, lap-swimming pool and separate leisure pool (water basketball, volleyball, bubble benches, or lazy river)
- Hot tub and sauna
- Men’s, women’s, and family locker rooms
- Two multipurpose rooms for use with group exercise classes or club sport practices
- Free-weight room with Hammer Strength equipment
- Cardio and selectorized weight machine area (over 60 pieces in all)
- 1/10 mile jogging track
- Student lounge (aka “Living Room”) with study areas, large TV, pool table, and table tennis
We offer multiple competitive and non-competitive programs through our Department of Recreation. Interested in some friendly competition? Then you’ll love our intramural and club sports programs, which include basketball, lacrosse, soccer, crew, and ultimate frisbee. From free fitness classes and water volleyball to discounted personal training and swim lessons and so much more, you’re bound to find an activity you love.