Housing Policies & Procedures

The residential communities at Butler have a diverse set of objectives that are meant to meet the needs of the residents and to complement each student’s academic experience. Each resident is a member of a community that is both residential and academic in nature.

Students are responsible to know the residential community living standards below, as well as the University Rules of Conduct outlined in the student handbook. Both sets of statements should be construed to complement each other. Rules, policies, and guidelines should be read broadly and are not designed to define misconduct in exhaustive terms. Violations of rules and policies are addressed through the student conduct system which is detailed in the student handbook.

Respond to situations and report to the following platforms:

Sexual Misconduct  includes sexual harassment.

Dean of Students for other forms of student to student harassment to include bias incidents.

University Police for emergency situations and suspected violations of state/federal crimes: 317-940-9396.