Request an Unofficial Transcript
Due to the evolving actions being taken across the US to contain COVID-19, the Registration and Records staff is working remotely to serve you.
- You may contact us by email at Registrar@butler.edu or by phone at 317-940-9203 (or toll free: 800-368-6852) Monday-Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM.
- When ordering your unofficial transcript, we recommend that you submit your completed Free Transcript Request form as a pdf or as a picture if using a smart phone to Registrar@butler.edu.
- Current students may review their unofficial transcript at any time on My.Butler.edu. Instructions for viewing your unofficial transcript are available in Ask.Butler.edu.
- Please be aware it may take up to 5 business days to process your request after receipt.
If you must fax a request, please let us know by emailing us at Registrar@butler.edu.
Current Butler Students
Current students may review their unofficial transcript at any time on My.Butler.edu. Instructions for viewing your unofficial transcript are available in Ask.Butler.edu.
Former Butler Students
Former Butler students may request an Unofficial Transcript by completing a Free Transcript Request Form or submitting a written request. Requests can be submitted by fax to (317) 940-6539 or by scanning and sending an email attachment to Registrar@butler.edu.
The written request must include the student's:
- Legal signature (Please note: We cannot accept typed signatures)
- Name at the time they attended Butler
- Date of birth
- Fax number or mailing address where the unofficial transcript should be sent
Unofficial transcripts can only be faxed, mailed, or requested in person; they cannot be emailed. Please be aware that the unofficial transcript lists your Primary Name, not Preferred Name, from the student information system.