There are many opportunities for you to volunteer at Butler University. The time, resources, and talents of our dedicated alumni, families, and friends assist the University in a variety of ways. Below are Butler’s areas of greatest need, where we could use your volunteer support. Contact us with any questions about volunteering with Butler.
Already volunteering with Butler? Make sure we know about your contributions by completing our volunteer reporting form. We want to be sure that we can properly thank you. Faculty/staff may also complete this form for volutneers who are assisting them on campus.
- Refer a Bulldog: Do you know a student who might be interested in Butler? Complete a referral to add them to our mailing list!
- Participate in Recruitment Programming: Members of the Butler Community assist with student recruitment in a variety of ways, through special events, notecard writing, college fairs, and more. Visit the Butler Alumni Recruiting Corps site for details and to be included in the pool of recruitment volunteers. Contact Erin Scott with any questions.
- Mentor a Student: Bulldogs Connect is Butler’s digital networking and mentoring platform created to form meaningful connections within the Butler community. Join today to review resumes, conduct mock interviews, help with job and internship searches, and much more.
- Host Current Students for a Dinner with 10 Bulldogs: Host a dinner to provide important connections and advice to our current students. Hosts covers the expenses for the evening and may receive in-kind gift credit for the expenses incurred. Learn more.
- Provide a job, internship or Pre-Professional Opportunity: Volunteer to provide a job shadow or internship opportunity for students or alumni. Volunteers are also needed to serve as a preceptor or host physician or pharmacist for COPHS students. Volunteers are accepted at locations nationwide.
Recruit on Campus: Learn more about on-campus events and opportunities to recruit on-campus through the Office of Career and Professional Success.
Help us build our "Butler Blue Pages": Share your favorite places to eat, stay, and play in your city! Fill out this web form to let us know what makes your city special. We will compile reccomendations for students looking to move to your city and fellow graduates planning a visit!
- Apply to Serve on a Butler Community Steering Committee: Butler offers several communities serving various regional and identity populations. Community steering committee members are selected annually and work with Butler staff to plan and execute engagement opportunities for their respective audiences. To learn more about serving on an alumni community steering committee, download the Butler Community Leadership Toolkit or email us for more information.
Apply to Serve on an Alumni Advisory Board: Alumni may apply to serve for a term on the Alumni Association Board of Directors or Young Alumni Board of Directors. Selected members attend regular meetings, make an annual contribution to Butler, and participate in campus events and activities.
- No matter the size, every gift to Butler helps students live out their Butler dream. Make a gift today.