Corrine Welling Scholarship
Corinne Welling, a former member of the Department of English, created scholarships to aid senior students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences who are planning to do graduate studies. In addition, outstanding junior students who are continuing their undergraduate studies at Butler are also eligible.
An amount near $6,000 is typically made available for the Corinne Well Scholarship award(s). Winners are selected by a committee and based upon available funds. Awardees will be known as Corinne Welling Scholars.
Please feel free to download a sample application form.
Applications are usually due to the LAS Dean’s Office (JH 237) by the end of April.
- must be enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with an overall minimum GPA of 3.25 and 3.5 in the major
- award money will be applied toward academic expenses for full-time graduate studies at Butler or other institutions (according to the terms of the grant, preference is given to students admitted to Radcliffe and Harvard); or for the senior year of undergraduate study at Butler
- completed application form
- official transcript of grades
- thoughtful essay (400-500 words) describing your professional goals and commitment to further study and learning
- letters from two faculty members evaluating your potential for success in your chosen field
- resume (maximum of two pages) highlighting relevant academic, service, and professional activities as an undergraduate student