Department Chairs & Deans for Study Abroad
Please use this as a guide as you contact Department Chairs or other appropriate faculty members for course approvals. You will use the official Source Approval Form to obtain approvals/signatures prior to your semester or summer abroad.
Andre B. Lacy School of Business
- Dr. Bill Templeton, 317-940-940-9419, Dugan Hall, Room 418
- Advising for Study Abroad Programs in Germany only – Robert Bennett, 317-940-9502, Dugan Hall, Room 440
College of Communication
- Associate Dean, Dr. Suzanne Reading, 317-940-9492 Fairbanks Building, Room 218C
- Eugene S. Pulliam School of Journalism & Creative Media, Dr. Lee Farquhar, 317-940-3280, Fairbanks Building, Room 118C
- Critical Communication & Media Studies, Dr. Allison Harthcock, 317-940-5966, Fairbanks Building, Room 250
- Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences, Dr. Mary Gospel, 317-840-8701, Jordan Hall, Room 246
- Strategic Communication/Organizational Communication & Leadership, Dr. Mark Rademacher, 317-940-9823, Fairbanks Building, Room 238
After all departmental approvals have been obtained, communication courses need to be approved by Dr. Reading.
College of Education
- Assistant Dean, Prof. Angela Mager, 317-940-9963, South Campus Main Building, Room 105
All education courses must first be approved by your academic advisor within COE.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- African Studies, Dr. Robin Turner, 317-940-8559, Jordan Hall, Room 347C
- Biological Sciences, Dr. Phillip Villani, 317-940-8334, Gallahue Hall, Room 267
- Chemistry, Dr. Geoffrey Hoops, 317-940-9147, GH350b
- Computer Science, Dr. Panos Linos, 317-940-8360, Fairbanks Building, Room 154
- Engineering, Jessica McCormick, 317-940-9021, Levinson Family Hall, Room 341A
- English, Dr. Lee Garver, 317-940-9859, Jordan Hall, Room 309
- History, Anthropology, & Classics Dr. Vivian Deno, 317-940-9681, Jordan Hall, Room 382B
- Interdisciplinary Programs:
- Race, Gender & Sexuality Studies, Dr. Terri Carney, 317-940-8438, Jordan Hall, Room 391A
- International Studies, Dr. Fait Muedini, 317-940-6859, Jordan Hall, Room 212D
- Peace & Conflict Studies, Dr. Terri Jett, 317-940-8451. Jordan Hall Room 138
- STES (Science, Technology, & Environmental Studies), Dr. Carol Reeves, 317-940-9858, Jordan Hall, Room 302D
- Mathematics Sciences, Dr. Scott Kaschner, 317-940-8975, Jordan Hall, Room 270A
- Modern Languages, Literatures & Cultures (all languages), Dr. Eloise Sureau, 317-940-9588, Jordan Hall, Room 388
- Philosophy & Religion, Dr. Chad Bauman, 317-940-8705, Jordan Hall, Room 202H
- Physics and Astronomy, Dr. Gonzalo Ordonez, 317-940-8310, Levinson Family Hall, Room 261
- Political Science, Dr. Terri Jett, 317-940-8451. Jordan Hall Room 138
- Psychology, Dr. Mandy Hall, 317-940-9380, Jordan Hall, Room 192
- Sociology & Criminology, Dr. Stephen Barnard, 317-940-8077, Jordan Hall, Room 371C
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Pharmacy Program Director, Dr. Kimberly Beck, 317-940-9325, Pharmacy & Health Sciences Building, Room 313C
All Pharmacy courses need to be approved by Dr. Beck.
Jordan College of the Arts
- Associate Dean, Wendy Meaden, 317-940-9961, Lilly Hall, Room 138
- Art, Steve Nyktas, Chair, 317-940-3054, Jordan College Annex, Room 111A
- Arts Administration: Brenda Johnston, Chair, 317-940-6043, Lilly Hall, Room 019
- Dance, Larry Attaway, 317-940-9662, Lilly Hall, Room 052
- Music, David Murray, 317-940-9988, Lilly Hall, Room 225
- Theatre, Diane Timmerman, 317-940-9875 Lilly Hall, Room 161
Core Approval for Study Abroad
- AR—Contact the department teaching the class, such as MA, CS.
- GHS—Contact the Core office – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NW—Contact the department teaching the class, such as BI, PS.
- Contact department of English for PCA-EN courses
- For all other PCA courses, contact Wendy Meaden, Assoc. Dean of JCA, or David Ingram, PCA Area Coordinator
- PWB—Contact the College of Education, Dr. Mindy Welch, 317-940-9550, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Room 1227
- SW—Contact the department teaching the class, such as SO, JR, COB, PO, etc.
- TI—Contact the department teaching the class, such as CL, EN, PL, RL, STS, etc.
- ICR—Contact the Director of Center for Citizenship and Community, Hanako Gavia, 317-940-8526
Faculty Director of the Core Curriculum, Hilene Flanzbaum, 317-949-9860, Jordan Hall, Room 144D
All Core courses will need approval from the Faculty Director of the Core Curriculum, in addition to the area director or department chair.
For more information please contact: email@example.com.
Updated on 3/23/2023.