COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQs
Butler University students, faculty, and staff are no longer required to get the vaccine, but we still strongly recommend receiving the primary doses and/or boosters.
Yes. Because Butler has required COVID-19 vaccinations for students, faculty, and staff the past two years, the likelihood of sharing a room with an unvaccinated student is low. Still, not every student on campus can get vaccinated due to medical, religious, or other concerns, and it is important that we respect their situations and choices. Butler will not reveal a student’s vaccination status to another student, will not segregate students in the residence halls based on vaccination status, and will not accept requests to move students to new accommodations based on vaccination status.
All students, faculty, and staff can show proof that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If you have previously sent a photo of your vaccination card to Health Services, there is no need to take further action. For those who have not yet sent their vaccination card to Health Services, you can easily upload a photo of your vaccination card into our system. Please follow the instructions below, or click here to see these instructions with graphics.
- Go to myhealth.butler.edu and log in with your Butler credentials
- Click “Immunizations” from the left-hand side of the window
- Click on the “Add immunization record…” button towards the top of the screen
- This will then bring up a File Upload window for you to then search for the Immunization document you wish to upload.
- We accept the following file types: PDF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF
- Once uploaded, click on “Save Records”