This on-demand safety transportation service allows students to safely traverse campus during the evening hours, especially when alone. Dawg Ride operates 7 days a week from 7:00 PM to 3:00 AM, during the academic year when classes are in session. University Police will offer safety escorts on Monday and Tuesday evenings and on-campus transportation is also available during daylight hours for students with disabilities.
- Masks are required and there is currently a 3 passenger limit inside the vehicle.
- Please be patient as wait times may be longer due to those limitations.
Please note that if you request a ride outside the Dawg Ride hours of service, a driver will not be able to accept your ride request, but University Police may offer alternatives, including walking escorts, to ensure your safety.
To request a ride on Dawg Ride:
- Download the TapRide app for your smartphone (iPhone or Android) and log in using your @butler.edu email address and password.
- Select a pick-up location (A), then choose a drop-off location indicated on the map; tap the B to secure this location as your drop-off location.
- Select the number of passengers.
- Tap "Submit Ride" and wait for the Dawg Ride vehicle at your designated Dawg Ride pick-up stop (see map).
- If you are unable to use the TapRide app, call 940-BUPD (2873) to request your ride.
Dawg Ride rules of use:
- Students are reminded to follow the University Alcohol Policy. The University Police will be contacted to investigate students under the age of 21 who appear to have been drinking or any individual (regardless of age) that is in a state of intoxication that endangers themselves or others.
- You may not ride this safety escort service more than two times in one evening. This service is not intended to be a mass transit bus service.
- We do not transport to off-campus locations, other than those noted on the attached map that are adjacent to campus property.
- At the driver's sole discretion, no more than three riders will be transported from one location to the same location. (This rule does not apply to transportation to/from the "I" lot.)