Lacy School Career Development
Building Your Career a Semester at a Time
As a business student, you have an incredible support system behind you. You’ll receive support from your academic advisor, a personal executive career mentor, and the Butler alumni network.
Throughout your four years, you will follow the Butler Blueprint—our career readiness program designed to help you learn about yourself, develop your strengths, and give you mentoring opportunities and experiences that set you apart from your competition.
- Heavy focus on self-discovery.
- You’ll complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
- You’ll attend alumni panels and career events.
- Focuses on career exploration and professional networking through a variety of workshops and more career events.
- Students work with their career mentor to develop their resume and identify their skills, interests, values, and accomplishments.
- Focuses on internship and job search skills.
- You’ll develop a personal internship and job search strategy, prepare for interviews, and broaden your network.
- You’ll learn about personal financial management, how to evaluate job offers, and develop career success strategies.