The Help Desk provides a single point of contact for the technology needs of Butler students, faculty, and staff. The Help Desk provides phone, email, and walk-in support for a variety of technology services. The Help Desk does not support faculty or staff personal or home computers.
For all services provided by the Help Desk, please visit the Service Catalog.
Contact the Help Desk
- Submit and view service requests online: http://itrequest.butler.edu
- Phone: 317-940-HELP (4357)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-in: Holcomb Building 315 (map)
Take a look at our Technology Assistance flyer for more information on the best ways to contact the Help Desk with questions, immediate needs, after hours issues, and requests for technology assistance in mediated spaces.
Fall 2015 Regular Hours (effective Wednesday, August 26)
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Fall 2015 Special Hours
- Fall Break: Thursday-Friday, October 15-16: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Thanksgiving Break: Sunday, November 22: CLOSED
- Thanksgiving Break: Monday-Wednesday, November 23-25: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Thanksgiving Break: Thursday-Friday, November 26-27: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Friday, December 18: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Winter Break: Sunday, December 20: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Monday-Wednesday, December 21-23: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Winter Break: December 24-January 3: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Monday-Friday, January 4-8: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Winter Break: Saturday, January 9: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Sunday, January 10: 2:00pm.m-5:00p.m. (regular hours begin)
Spring 2016 Special Hours
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: 2:00p.m.-5:00p.m.
- Spring Break: Saturday-Sunday, March 5-6: CLOSED
- Spring Break: Monday-Friday, March 7-11: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Spring Break: Saturday, March 12: CLOSED
Information Technology strives to make all Butler systems available with as limited interruption to service as possible; however, ongoing enhancements and improvements are employed to continuously enrich the Butler technology experience. These are completed through scheduled maintenance as necessary.
Routine maintenance is limited to Sundays between 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. Any intermittent access, unavailability, or isolated issues experienced with Butler systems during this timeframe do not need to be reported. Notice of any other emergency maintenance or system outages is provided via the IT website and other communication channels as needed.
If you have questions or concerns, or if you experience issues with Butler systems outside of the scheduled window, please contact the IT Help Desk.