- About IT
- Getting Started
- Butler Tools
- BUconnect & AnyConnect
- Google Apps
- Cable TV
- Web Publishing
- Labs & Classrooms
- Hardware & Devices
- University Owned Devices
- Replacement Cycle
- Technology Lending
- Student Recommendations
- Tablet Purchasing Frequently Asked Questions
- Help Desk
- Butler Tools
- Policies & Security
- Computer Use Master Policy
- Privacy Statement
- Computer Support
- Computer Lab Usage
- Wireless Access Points
- Identity Theft
- Fair, Responsible & Acceptable Computer Use
- Privacy of Personally Created Content
- Employee Code of Responsibility for Security and Confidentiality of Information
- Smartphone & Non-Standard Device Support Summary
- Equipment Request and Rental Policy
- Copyright Policy
- Blogging Standards
- Document Hardware Management Standards
- Moodle System Policy & Procedure
- Security Standards
- Safe Computing Tips
- Windows Security
- Mac Security
- Help Desk
The Help Desk provides a single point of contact for the technology needs of Butler students, faculty, and staff. The Help Desk provides phone, email, and walk-in support for a variety of technology services. The Help Desk does not support faculty or staff personal or home computers.
For all services provided by the Help Desk, please visit the Service Catalog.
Contact the Help Desk
- Submit and view service requests online: http://itrequest.butler.edu
- Phone: 317-940-HELP (4357)
- Email: email@example.com
- Walk-in: Holcomb Building 315 (map)
Take a look at our Technology Assistance flyer for more information on the best ways to contact the Help Desk with questions, immediate needs, after hours issues, and requests for technology assistance in mediated spaces.
Summer 2015 Regular Hours (effective May 11 - August 21)
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday/Sunday: Closed
Welcome Week 2015 Hours (August 22-25)
- Saturday, August 22: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, August 23: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday, August 24 and Tuesday, August 25: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fall 2015 Regular Hours (effective Wednesday, August 26)
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Information Technology strives to make all Butler systems available with as limited interruption to service as possible; however, ongoing enhancements and improvements are employed to continuously enrich the Butler technology experience. These are completed through scheduled maintenance as necessary.
Routine maintenance is limited to Sundays between 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. Any intermittent access, unavailability, or isolated issues experienced with Butler systems during this timeframe do not need to be reported. Notice of any other emergency maintenance or system outages is provided via the IT website and other communication channels as needed.
If you have questions or concerns, or if you experience issues with Butler systems outside of the scheduled window, please contact the IT Help Desk.