The Help Desk provides a single point of contact for the technology needs of Butler students, faculty, and staff. The Help Desk provides phone, email, and walk-in support for a variety of technology services. The Help Desk does not support faculty or staff personal or home computers.
For all services provided by the Help Desk, please visit the Service Catalog.
Contact the Help Desk
- Submit and view service requests online: http://itrequest.butler.edu
- Phone: 317-940-HELP (4357)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-in: Holcomb Building 315 (map)
Take a look at our Technology Assistance flyer for more information on the best ways to contact the Help Desk with questions, immediate needs, after hours issues, and requests for technology assistance in mediated spaces.
Fall 2015 Regular Hours (effective Wednesday, August 26)
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: CLOSED
- Sunday: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Fall 2015 Special Hours
- Winter Break: Friday, December 18: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Winter Break: Saturday-Sunday, December 19-20: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Monday-Wednesday, December 21-23: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Winter Break: Thursday, December 24- Sunday, January 3: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Monday-Friday, January 4-8: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Winter Break: Saturday, January 9: CLOSED
- Winter Break: Sunday, January 10: 2:00p.m.-5:00p.m. (regular hours begin)
Spring 2016 Special Hours
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: 2:00p.m.-5:00p.m.
- Spring Break: Saturday-Sunday, March 5-6: CLOSED
- Spring Break: Monday-Friday, March 7-11: 7:30a.m.-6:00p.m.
- Spring Break: Saturday, March 12: CLOSED
Help Desk After Hours Emergency Line
During the hours the Help Desk is not open, users can get assistance for critical, timely situations via the after hours technology emergency line. This service is designed and meant for wide-scale outages or for work that is critical to the University and requires timely assistance. Though all of our client’s issues are important to us, and we do our best to resolve them as quickly and efficiently as possible, only technology emergencies as defined can be addressed by the the Help Desk After Hours Emergency Line. For more information, please click here.
Information Technology strives to make all Butler systems available with as limited interruption to service as possible; however, ongoing enhancements and improvements are employed to continuously enrich the Butler technology experience. These are completed through scheduled maintenance as necessary.
Routine maintenance is limited to Sundays between 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. Any intermittent access, unavailability, or isolated issues experienced with Butler systems during this timeframe do not need to be reported. Notice of any other emergency maintenance or system outages is provided via the IT website and other communication channels as needed.
If you have questions or concerns, or if you experience issues with Butler systems outside of the scheduled window, please contact the IT Help Desk.