Report an Incident
All members of the community are encouraged to report incidents of bias they observe or experience.
Report An Incident
All members of the community are encouraged to report incidents of bias they observe or experience. If you have experienced or witnessed a bias incident, there are several ways to submit a report using the online report form. Once you have completed and submitted the online form, there are members of the campus community who will reach out to listen and to provide care, support, and resources.
What Happens After I Report an Incident?
When an incident of bias is reported through the online reporting system, the report will be sent to the Office for Institutional Equity which will direct the report to the appropriate office.
- When a student submits a report, there are members of the campus community who will reach out to listen and to provide care, support, and resources. In the event that the reported incident is a violation of university policy or federal, state or local statute, the university may be required to take specific action to address the incident and its effects.
- When an employee submits an incident of bias through the online reporting system the report will be reviewed by Human Resources or the Interim Provost as applicable. For infomration, please see the Equal Opportunity/Non-Discrimination Policy
Reporting Bias Incidents to BUPD
Bias incidents or hate crimes may be reported to the Butler University Police Department.
- You may choose this option if you would like to pursue a criminal process related to the incident.
- BUPD is located at 525 W. Hampton Drive.
- By phone at 317-940-9999 (emergencies) or 317-940-9396 (non-emergency).