Biological Sciences Student Awards
Each spring the Biological Sciences Department honors its outstanding students with departmental awards. We invite others to join us in celebrating their achievements.
Given to students demonstrating academic excellence and significant service to the department.
- 2023: Yara Batista, Letitia Bortey, George Papadeas
- 2022: Molly Roe, Allison Welz, Audrey Young
Presented for significant contributions in service to the department.
- 2023: Ellie Brill
- 2022: Sara Breniser
Presented for excellence in biological sciences.
- 2023: Maura Donnelly
- 2022: George Papadeas
Presented for excellence in animal sciences.
- 2023: Catherine Rock
- 2022: Letitia Bortey
Presented for excellence in plant sciences.
- 2023: Jackson Payton
- 2022: Jackson Paras
Recognizes a student or recent graduate who has made a significant contribution to the mission of the Center.
- 2023: Taylor Coleman
- 2022: Corey Dea
Recognizes exceptional students planning a professional career in biological sciences.
- Dr. Katherine Schmid Award: Ryan Adkins
- Dr. Thomas Dolan Award: Rachel Urban
- Dr. James Shellhaas Award: Jack Paras
- Dr. Katherine Schmid Award: Madeline Coffee
- Dr. Thomas Dolan Award: Jack Miller
- Dr. James Shellhaas Award: Nicholas Robie
Presented to seniors who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- 2023: Sara Breniser, Allie Carmichael, Bailey Everett, Mason Gaerte, Mackenzie Griman, Madison Kolanowski, Paige Lang, Bobby Luker, Megan Reed, Analise Richcreek, Gabby Smith
- 2022: Abby Elsbury, Leah Goehring, Jenna Hensen, Andrew Jacob, Manpreet Kaur, Josey McKinley Matthew Morris, Manahil Nadeem, Anna Restivo, Kathleen Sherlock