About Student Accounts
The Office of Student Accounts supports Butler University’s core mission by providing exemplary service as confident stewards of the University’s financial resources. We foster a learning environment that promotes student responsibility and helps to ensure financial success.
- Customer Service
Customer Service: We strive to deliver an exemplary experience by providing thorough, timely and friendly service in person, via telephone and email communications.
Communication: Providing relevant, thorough and timely information is our daily goal. This is accomplished via individual contact, our office website, social media (Facebook and Instagram), office voicemail messaging and monthly E-Bill communications.
Teaching: Our goal is to guide students along the path of financial responsibility by providing them with the information necessary for financial success. We stress the importance of prioritizing and the necessity of follow through. As an educational institution, we want our students to graduate with confidence in their ability to successfully navigate future financial matters and concerns.
Understanding: It is important to understand individual concerns and we accomplish this goal by listening intently, asking relevant questions and providing thorough and specific information and answers. We understand that personal finances can be difficult to navigate. However, we are here to assist and eliminate any confusion.
Unity: As a unified team, our staff is dedicated to the success of our students and all Butler University constituents. To ensure that success, we work closely with each other and our administrative office partners across campus to provide ongoing accuracy and consistency.
General Services Provided
- Publish an electronic billing statement (E-Bill) the 2nd Wednesday of every month for all students with a balance due or credit balance on the account
- Accept and post paper check and cash payments to students’ accounts
- Provide student account counseling
- Free check cashing for students, faculty and staff (up to $100 personal check with valid Butler or picture ID; up to $200 if Butler University check); electronic photo IDs are not accepted
- Process Refund Requests for those accounts with credit balances while classes are in session
- Distribute student payroll checks (for students who do not have direct deposit)
- Negotiate petty cash forms for students, faculty and staff with a valid Butler ID; electronic photo IDs are not accepted