All applicants to the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level.
To apply, candidates should submit the following:
- Butler Application
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Current Résumé
- GMAT/GRE Scores
International applicants must additionally submit the following:
- TOEFL scores or equivalent proof of English proficiency
- A clear copy of your passport
- Evidence of financial support
Submit all supplementary application materials directly to:
Office of Graduate Admission
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Alternatively, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Butler MBA admits students for the fall and spring semesters.
2021–2022 Academic Year
Application deadlines for the Butler MBA are the 1st of each month with admission decisions released by the 21st of each month. All materials must be received by the 3rd to be considered for that month's admission round.
- July 1, 2021: International applicant final application deadline for Fall 2021 semester start
- July 1, 2021: 2022 Applications Open
- August 1, 2021: Final application deadline for Fall 2021 semester start
- December 1, 2021: Final application deadline for Spring 2022 semester start
While we look at all submission components of an application, an acceptable GMAT or GRE score needs to be met for admission into the program:
- The average GMAT score for students currently in the program is approximately 590.
- We will accept GRE scores that have been converted to a predicted GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools found on the GRE website. The GRE conversion must be on the 130–170 GRE Score Scale. A minimum Predicated GMAT Total Score of 500 of higher is required.
- We accept GRE and GMAT scores that have been taken within the past 5 years.
International students from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum scores listed below:
TOEFL = 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based), 550 (paper-based)
IELTS = 6.0
MELAB = 80
GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Requirements
GMAT/GRE waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Applicants that wish to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver must meet the below requirements for the highest conferred degree they have obtained. Applicants can request the waiver by completing the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
Candidates with a conferred master's degree or terminal degree (PhD, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.) are not required to take the GMAT, but must still complete the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
All other applicants that meet the eligibility requirements may submit a GMAT/GRE waiver. To be eligible for a waiver consideration, students must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Conferred Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher;
- Five or more years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility (excluding internships);
- Demonstration of quantitative and/or analytical expertise through performance in coursework, professional certifications (for example, but not limited to, CFA, CPA, Six Sigma Black Belt), or tangible job activities.
Waiver decisions will be communicated to the applicant within 10–15 business days via email. Applicants that do not meet at least two of the above criteria will be denied a GMAT waiver.
The total cost of a Butler MBA is approximately $39,000 including tuition, books, and fees.
Butler makes payment plans and loan options available to its graduate students. Visit the Financial Aid website for more information. For information about a monthly payment plan you can also contact the Office of Student Accounts.