All applicants to the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level.
To apply, candidates should submit the following:
- Butler Application
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Current Résumé
- GMAT/GRE Scores (detailed information below)
Submit all supplementary application materials directly to:
Office of Graduate Admission
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Alternatively, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Butler MBA accepts students for the fall and spring semesters.
August 1: Application for admission opens for following year's spring, fall semesters
December 1: Application deadline for spring semester start
January: Spring semester starts
July 15: Application deadline for fall semester start
August: Fall semester starts
While we look at all submission components of an application, an acceptable GMAT or GRE score needs to be met for admission into the program:
- The average GMAT score for students currently in the program is approximately 590.
- We will accept GRE scores that have been converted to a predicted GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools found on the GRE website. The GRE conversion must be on the 130–170 GRE Score Scale. A minimum Predicated GMAT Total Score of 500 of higher is required.
- We accept GRE and GMAT scores that have been taken within the past 5 years.
International students from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum scores listed below:
TOEFL = 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based), 550 (paper-based)
IELTS = 6.0
MELAB = 80
GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Requirements
GMAT/GRE waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Applicants that wish to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver must meet the below requirements for the highest conferred degree they have obtained. Applicants can request the waiver by completing the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
Candidates with a conferred terminal degree (PhD, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.) are not required to take the GMAT, but must still complete the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request form
All other applicants can submit a GMAT/GRE waiver. To be eligible for a waiver consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Seven or more years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Grade of "B-" or better in undergraduate or graduate level quantitative courses, which may include economics, accounting, finance, calculus, statistics and/or physics
Meeting one or more of these criteria allows applicants to request a waiver, but does not guarantee the waiver will be granted.
Waiver decisions will be communicated to the applicant within 10–14 business days via email.
The total cost of a Butler MBA is approximately $35,000 including tuition, books, and fees.
Butler makes payment plans and loan options available to its graduate students. Visit the Financial Aid website for more information. For information about a monthly payment plan you can also contact the Office of Student Accounts.