All applicants to the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent prior to enrollment at the graduate level.
To apply, candidates should submit the following:
- Butler Application
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Current Résumé
- GMAT/GRE Scores (detailed information below)
Submit all supplementary application materials directly to:
Office of Graduate Admission
4600 Sunset Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Alternatively, application materials may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Butler MBA accepts students for the fall and spring semesters.
2019–2020 Academic Year
Application deadlines for the Butler MBA are the 1st of each month with admission decisions released by the 15th of each month. All materials must be received by the 3rd to be considered for that month's admission round.
- August 1, 2019: 2020 Applications Open
- December 1, 2019: Final application deadline for Spring 2020 semester start
- July 1, 2020: International applicant final application deadline for Fall 2020 semester start
- August 1, 2020: Final application deadline for Fall 2020 semester start
While we look at all submission components of an application, an acceptable GMAT or GRE score needs to be met for admission into the program:
- The average GMAT score for students currently in the program is approximately 590.
- We will accept GRE scores that have been converted to a predicted GMAT score using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools found on the GRE website. The GRE conversion must be on the 130–170 GRE Score Scale. A minimum Predicated GMAT Total Score of 500 of higher is required.
- We accept GRE and GMAT scores that have been taken within the past 5 years.
International students from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum scores listed below:
TOEFL = 213 (computer-based), 79 (internet-based), 550 (paper-based)
IELTS = 6.0
MELAB = 80
GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Requirements
GMAT/GRE waivers are considered on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Applicants that wish to apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver must meet the below requirements for the highest conferred degree they have obtained. Applicants can request the waiver by completing the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form.
Candidates with a conferred master's degree or terminal degree (PhD, JD, MD, PharmD, etc.) are not required to take the GMAT, but must still complete the GMAT/GRE Waiver Request form
All other applicants can submit a GMAT/GRE waiver. To be eligible for a waiver consideration, students must meet the following criteria:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Five or more years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility (excluding internships)
- Demonstration of quantitative and/or analytical expertise through performance in coursework, professional certifications (for example, but not limited to, CFA, CPA, Six Sigma Black Belt), or tangible job activities.
Waiver decisions will be communicated to the applicant within 10–14 business days via email.
The total cost of a Butler MBA is approximately $39,000 including tuition, books, and fees.
Butler makes payment plans and loan options available to its graduate students. Visit the Financial Aid website for more information. For information about a monthly payment plan you can also contact the Office of Student Accounts.