- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Business
- Management Information Systems
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Double Majors
- Exploratory Program
- Business Minor
- Experiential Learning
- Business Clubs
- Real Business Experience Virtual Trade Show
- International Programs
Make Your Mark.
Our Marketing program offers a transformative educational experience, exposing students not only to marketing but all aspects of business. Our program prepares students to think and act strategically as decision-makers and adapt to the ever-changing business environment.
We blend field experience with intensive coursework to graduate students who are confident, professional, and eager to accept the challenges facing today's world. Students in our program have the opportunity to learn how to think critically about real-world scenarios from experienced marketing professionals.
The marketing curriculum is designed to help students gain knowledge in many areas of marketing including market research and analytics, advertising, sales, and international marketing. The wide range of marketing topics covered is intentional and equips students with a number of skills to meet their future goals.
The curriculum requires two internships, and students can satisfy one of them with Bright Blue, our one-of-a-kind student-run marketing and communications agency, that specializes in helping companies with brand awareness and creative strategies.
We establish and maintain meaningful connections with businesses that recognize the value of a Butler Marketing major. Many national firms hire more than one Butler Marketing intern at a time and come back to us year-after-year seeking more of our talent.
What We Offer
- Marketing majors take sales courses that require them to "sell" a good or service to a sales professional or alumnus/a
- Opportunity to partner with a local firm to examine and help provide solutions to a pressing problem
- Through the development of two business plans, students have the opportunity to craft and execute a marketing creation for their business
- Students have been involved in marketing research projects with local businesses and non-profit organizations
- Networking and real-world experiences through two required internships