Join a Team
We’re saving you a
We’re always excited to welcome new players to the Butler esports teams. Whether you’re a veteran gamer or a newbie excited to explore a new side of the digital world, our esports teams would love to have you. Dive into the application process here, explore what team membership includes, and how you can get started—we can’t wait to meet you.
- Must be a current or incoming full-time student at Butler; learn more about Butler admissions here
- All esports members, including Varsity team players, must apply for club memberships here
- Email us at email@example.com to indicate your interest if you are an incoming student.
- If you are an eligible applicant, we will contact you to discuss your next steps.
- Tryout applications will be released on our website and social media for current students and eligible incoming students; if you are an eligible applicant, fill this out to get your tryout spot.
- Live tryouts will be held during or shortly before the school year, depending on the season’s schedule.
- A final roster will be finalized before the season begins.
All priority applicants will have a chance to visit the campus and facility, meet current team members, coaches, and program staff. Priority applicants may also receive a pre-tryout for coaches to understand their play style, communication skills, and game sense.
Scholarship Details & FAQ
- We currently have two teams that compete in the BIG EAST: League of Legends and Rocket League.
- Keep an eye out for scholarship details—they’re coming soon.
- Please be aware scholarship amounts are subject to change based on program funding for the year.
- We provide our Teams with support, including coach/advisor, managers, and analysts.
- If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Butler Club Esports Membership Application Steps
- Fill out the Butler Club Esports Membership Form
- Become a part of our Discord server to get connected with the community!
- Join our membership roll on Engage and complete the two required Club Sports forms (“Club Sports Waiver” and “Club Sports Member Agreement”) found there.
- Pay a small dues fee ($10 per person per semester fall 2022). This can be done in person with our club Treasurer (email@example.com), or online.
- At the beginning of the year, team Managers are appointed and help to select team rosters based on interested students. In the spring, rosters may have room for modification; this varies by title.
- Rosters may be finalized at different times throughout the year; contact a team manager if you’re interested in joining a team.
- Effort will be made to ensure all students who want to participate on a team can, based on numbers, league requirements, and relative skill levels.