- Prospective First Years
- Current Students
- Prospective Transfers
- Graduate Students
- International Students
- The FAFSA
- Net Price Calculator
- Cost of Attendance
- Financial Aid Notification and Next Steps
- Financing Options
- Financial Literacy and Repayment
- Outside Scholarships and Resources
- Summer School Aid
- Meet Our Staff
- Consumer Information
- Financial Aid Handbook
- Aid FAQs
- Veterans Admission Information
- Emergency Assistance Fund
Butler Emergency Assistance Fund
The Butler Emergency Assistance Fund was created to provide gift assistance to students with a short-term, unforeseen financial hardship or immediate expense that may impact their academic success at Butler University.
Examples of Financial Hardships Considered
- Unexpected medical and dental expenses
- Housing and living costs
- Transportation needs
- Family/personal emergencies
- Natural disasters
- Loss of income
Credit card debt and other non-emergent matters may not be considered.
Note: Students with non-emergent financial hardships that do not qualify for the Butler Emergency Assistance Fund, including student account balances, are encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid directly to discuss their situation and talk about possible aid options.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be in good standing with the University.
- Be enrolled and attending classes in a degree-seeking program at Butler University.
- Complete the Emergency Assistance Fund Application.
Guidelines & Processes
- Students may receive the funds only once per semester.
- Funds approved are generally between $100–$1500.
- The funds do not need to be repaid; however, they may be subject to federal taxes. Please consult with your tax preparer or accountant.
- The Office of Financial Aid will review the application and will consider the student’s financial aid file to ensure that all financial aid eligibility is being utilized.
- Applications will be reviewed during normal business hours. Please allow up to two business days for a response.
- Funds are paid based on the type of request and urgency of the hardship.
Applying for the Funds
- Apply here.
- Applications will be accepted as long as funding is available.
- Documentation may be required and should be submitted to the Office of Financial aid by email (email@example.com), fax (317-940-8250), or in the office (Robertson Hall, lower level).
- Applicants should meet with Sally Click, Dean of Students, to review their situation and find out if there are additional resources that may assist with the emergency. Call 317-940-9570 to schedule an appointment.
Funds made possible by:
- The Ayres Student Assistance Fund, which was established to assist students who experience financial crisis during the school year.
- Annual gifts designated to support this program.
If you are interested in supporting the Butler Emergency Assistance Fund through a charitable donation, please contact the Office of Annual Giving at 317-940-9469 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Gifts may be made online at butler.edu/gifts.
St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry (2 locations)
3001 E. 30th St.
Indianapolis, IN 46218
Find additional information on Indiana food pantries, national networks, and resources.