Let's Talk Drop-In Service
Let's Talk is a drop-in service that offers informal, confidential, consultation with a Counseling & Consultation Services staff member. Stop by to learn more about CCS, problem-solve, or just begin a conversation about a concern.
In line with the university's recommendations regarding limited in-person interactions on campus, CCS is offering its Let's Talk program virtually during fall semester. Check back for days and times CCS will have a therapist available for these drop-in conversations. Students can still consult with one of our staff outside of using the Let's Talk program, but to maximize health and safety, we ask that you call our office to set up a time to have a conversation either by phone or Zoom (317-940-9385). Thank you and be well.
Let's Talk IS:
- FREE for Butler students
- Offered first-come, first-served (no appointment necessary)
- Informal (not intended to be a substitute for traditional counseling)
- A place to find support, perspective, and resources
- A trained individual to listen closely to your concerns
Let's Talk is NOT:
A replacement for individual therapy.
A crisis center for students needing help. If in crisis, contact CCS Crisis Services
- Students who are not sure what counseling is and want to learn more.
- Students who are not interested in on-going counseling sessions, but would like some trained advice.
- Students who are apprehensive about counseling and want to explore how it might help them.
- Students who want advice for helping a friend and need some guidance.
Yes, except for a few specific situations in which a student may be a danger to themselves or others or may be harmed by someone else. In these instances, information from the session may need to be shared to keep the student and others safe.