Counseling and Consultation Services
- About Us
- Services Provided
- Let's Talk Drop-In Service
- Crisis Services
- Outreach and Consultation
- Referral Guidelines
- Master's Internship/Doctoral Practicum
- Doctoral Internship
- Self-Assessments and Online Health Topic Information
- Community Referrals
About Counseling and Consultation Services
Butler University’s Counseling and Consultation Services is committed to providing mental health services to students in order to help them achieve their academic and personal goals, promote their holistic well-being, and enhance their college experience. CCS has four essential roles for advancing the educational mission of Butler University:
1. Providing clinical services, such as individual and group therapy, to students.
2. Delivering outreach and prevention programs to students and employees.
3. Providing consultation, crisis intervention, and collaborative services to the campus community.
4. Provide training and education to master’s and doctoral level mental health providers.
All currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to use CCS. The service provides a wide range of therapeutic interventions for Butler students. These interventions are delivered in a brief therapy model that focuses on helping students make a desired change or reach a specific goal.
When a student’s needs require a different type of care than what we can provide, we will partner with the student to transition their care to resources in the community. Our goal is to make the best match between the needs of students and appropriate services. A few common examples of when a transition of care might be necessary include:
1. A need, or request, to be seen more than once a week for therapy
2. A need, or request, for uninterrupted care across semesters or academic years
3. Psychological testing for accommodations through Student Disability Services
4. Requests for letters of support for emotional support animals or housing exceptions
5. A need for a more intensive level of care or specialized care
Learn more about CCS via the links below.