Board of Directors
The Butler University Alumni Association (BUAA) in partnership with the Office of Alumni Relations serves as a champion of alumni engagement by inspiring alumni and friends to share their time, talent, and treasure to advance Butler’s Mission and Vision. The Board consists of a maximum of 28 members including leadership. There are also three ex-officio members. The Board meets on campus three times a year.
Nominations for board membership are accepted throughout the year. Self-nominations are accepted. New members begin their four-year terms at the beginning of the academic calendar following election. The nomination window for the 2018-19 year is now closed. To nominate a graduate for the Alumni Association Board of Directors 2019-20, complete a nomination form or submit a nomination online. The deadline for 2019 nominations is October 31, 2018. For more information, contact the Alumni Office.
2017-18 BUAA Board of Directors Objectives:
• Identify and recruit board members and volunteer leaders who will actively participate in fulfilling the Association’s mission
• Recognize outstanding Butler Family/Community achievement
• Ensure objectives and resources align across all alumni communities and groups
• Develop student awareness of and commitment to the importance and value of alumni engagement
• Assist in recruiting the best and brightest potential students
• Promote the Butler brand among alumni communities and beyond by:
• Encouraging alumni to give back to Butler through volunteerism or giving
• Supporting and promoting Butler programs and events
• Strengthening and expanding the Butler network among alumni communities and beyond through support and promotion of University achievements, growth and academic success
The Alumni Awards recognize the achievements of outstanding alumni and friends every spring by presenting six prestigious awards: the Butler Medal, the Butler Service Medal, and awards named in memory of graduates Joseph Irwin Sweeney, Katharine Merrill Graydon, Hilton Ultimus Brown, and Robert Todd Duncan. The awards honor individuals for their commitment to the University and to their communities. To see past award recipients, click here. The deadline to submit nominations for the 2018 ceremony has passed; however, nominations for 2019 may be submitted online or by completing a nomination form.
Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship
The Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship is awarded to a student with a family member who attended the University. This includes not only parents and grandparents but siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. The Butler University Alumni Association established this scholarship to provide a vehicle for alumni to express their appreciation for the education they received at Butler and to provide similar opportunities for future graduates. All legacy students with demonstrated financial need are eligible for this award. Nominations for recipients are not accepted. For more information about the legacy scholarship, please contact the Office of Annual Giving at 800-368-6852 ext. 9469.