The Office of the Provost seeks to
foster collaboration across Butler University and manage changes in
policies and practices that affect the academic life of the
University as a whole.
Provost Kathryn Morris is Butler
University's vice president for academic affairs and a professor of
psychology in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. In this
- Serves as the Chief Academic Officer of the University.
- Works with the Faculty Senate, College Deans, and Associate
Provosts to provide oversight, development, and delivery of the
educational policies and work of the University.
- Acts on faculty appointments and oversees tenure and promotion
- Directs allocation of resources to Colleges, the Libraries, and
academic support units.
- Supports faculty development and engagement in research,
scholarship, and creative activities.
- Supports student success through oversight of Student Academic
- Provides oversight of study abroad opportunities for faculty
Open Position Searches