About the Volunteer Center
The Volunteer Center is the place to start your service at Butler University. This student-staffed office is dedicated to helping you find volunteer opportunities on and off campus. Volunteer Center representatives are here to serve you in your search for a service match. They are trained to locate specific service sites and to help you explore what your interests may be and how to best suit them. Our staff is involved with service themselves and can serve as wonderful resources for both individual students and organizations. Whether you are looking for a one-time opportunity or an ongoing service experience, please stop by to see us in AU 100!
Join Our Staff
We are currently not hiring!
Check out our current staff under the Volunteer Center Staff tab.
Some of the services we provide are
- A weekly listserv of upcoming and ongoing service opportunities (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate within the email if you would like to be put on our listserv)
- Monthly service projects throughout Indianapolis
- Individual service consultations
- Support for planning group service projects
- The Volunteer Opportunities listserv serving student organizations
- Contacts and resources for Indianapolis-based community agencies
- An interactive and informative website
The mission of the Butler University Volunteer Center is to assist members of the Butler University community in finding meaningful volunteer experiences and to provide opportunities to reflect on these experiences; thereby deepening the education of students and making a significant contribution of service to Indianapolis and the larger community.
The vision of the Volunteer Center over the 2018-2019 school year is to create a brave and innovative space that empowers the Butler community through the exploration of intentional, impactful, and educational community involvement.
Critical program elements are preparation, action, and reflection.
- To educate the "whole" student through community involvement
- To actively promote volunteerism and volunteer opportunities to members of the Butler University community
- To serve as a liaison between university volunteer and community service agencies
- To assist individuals and groups in finding worthwhile volunteer experiences
- To lend support to new an existing volunteer activities and groups on campus
- To enhance students' understanding of societal issues through experiential learning
- To educate our future community leaders and prepare them for what they will face
- To recognize and celebrate the volunteer efforts of members of the Butler University community
Location: Atherton Union 100
4600 Sunset Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Check Us Out
Facebook: Butler Volunteer Center
Engage: Volunteer Center
Monday–Thursday: 10:00 AM–6:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM–12:00 PM
Please note that the Volunteer Center is closed during school breaks, including summer.