Our Mission Statement
We encourage Butler Theatre students to develop their individual voices through rigorous study and collaborative practice. We prepare students to push the boundaries of theatre and integrate their theatre training into purposeful lives.
Our Core Values
- Global Perspective
Through pursuing excellence in theatre, we aim to help students discover their individual path in theatre and in life.
Our Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)
- Demonstrate proficiency in theatre processes including play analysis, performance, technologies, design, and directing.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply theatre processes in production.
- Demonstrate an understanding of theatre in relationship to its historical and contemporary contexts, as well as its historical and contemporaneous relationship to other art forms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the collaborative nature of theatre.
- Demonstrate ability to assess quality in works of theatre.