Develop Your Expertise as a Strategic Communication Professional
Whether you’re a seasoned communicator or looking to switch careers, Butler University’s graduate programs in Strategic Communication will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and experience required for career advancement in the rapidly changing fields of public relations and advertising.
Offering both a Master's Degree in Strategic Communication as well as a Graduate Certificate in Strategic Communication, these flexible, online programs consist of comprehensive 7-week course modules. The Master's degree can be completed in as little as 20 months and the graduate certificate in just two semesters, if continuously enrolled.
Throughout the program, you will have frequent opportunities to connect with other students, your professors, and industry professionals in a variety of ways, fostering lasting professional relationships with a strong network of leaders. You can expect to experience lessons together with your peers, both in the traditional online flexible environment, but also with optional real-time activities meant to supplement online learning and discussions. These programs emphasize learning through connections and relationships, and while it is fully online, a variety of opportunities are available to connect with peers and industry leaders in a way that mimics an in-person classroom experience.
In addition, most courses within this program are project-based and designed to be flexible, allowing you to tailor the work to address current organizational or societal challenges that are relevant to your life and your career. The curriculum is focused on research-driven, audience-centric communication strategies that emphasize critical thinking skills, which are required for upper-level management candidates.
Both the Master’s and the graduate certificate in Strategic Communication provide a rigorous curriculum that will allow you to:
- Cultivate skills in applying strategic communication principles to business plans and objectives.
- Apply concepts and best practices to lead communication strategy on multiple media platforms aimed at diverse audiences.
- Develop skills and knowledge to succeed in the global strategic communication marketplace.
- Design and analyze research methods that directly inform communication strategy.
- Utilize real-world case studies and simulations, specifically highlighting proactive preparation to crisis communication and other high-level communication strategies.
- Complete a comprehensive capstone experience, allowing you to tackle a major communication challenge that an organization is facing.
The following tuition and fee charges are in effect for the 2019–2020 academic year and are subject to change for future years.
Tuition is $580 per credit hour. Butler makes payment plans and loan options available to its graduate students. Visit the Financial Aid website for more information. For information about a monthly payment plan, you can also contact the Office of Student Accounts.