Welcome to the Butler University Speakers Lab. As a peer-to-peer tutoring organization, the Speakers Lab assists students with the creation and delivery of both individual and group speeches or presentations. In order to provide a comfortable and relaxed yet effective environment, our trained tutors will walk students through various speaking competencies in which the student excelled, as well as where the student struggled. This is done in order to leverage strengths and to improve upon weaknesses. The lab helps students:
- Refine the topic
- Organize research
- Effectively present a speech
- Review and provide feedback of finished presentations
Students who are interested in signing-up for a Speakers Lab session must sign-up using our online system at http://speakerslab.appointy.com/.
*Please note the following:
- Individuals seeking one-hour sessions must sign-up on the hour rather than on the half-hour intervals (e.g. 2 pm NOT 2:30 pm).
- Students must book appointments at least 2 hours in advance. The online system will not show available sessions within that 2 hour time frame, however, the Speakers Lab does accept and encourage walk-in appointments without reservations if a tutor is available.
- Sessions must be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hours in advance or students will be marked as absent if they fail to arrive.