The MSRI Program
Thrive in the Insurance Industry
Now more than ever, companies are realizing the importance of risk management. And because the formal study of insurance is underdeveloped, professionals are having to “learn on the job” from senior-level management. A Master’s degree in Risk and Insurance produces highly desirable job candidates with the functional expertise to assess, minimize, and mitigate risk–and the broad-based business skills to add value to any corporate team.
Develop Key Skills
The Butler Master of Science in Risk and Insurance (MSRI) program will prepare graduates to:
- Apply specialized topics exclusive to risk and insurance to business risk situations, including property and casualty, health and life insurance, and insurance-linked securities.
- Assess risk and formulate appropriate approaches to minimize and mitigate the potential cost of risk.
- Use current and emerging tools to analyze and recommend alternative risk financing methods.
- Develop risk management and insurance solutions using advanced data analytics methods and communication strategies.
- Demonstrate managerial capabilities by applying financial management, team management, and leadership skills.
- Apply professional and ethical decision-making standards.
As a graduate of Butler’s MSRI program, you’ll be able to enter or accelerate your career with insurance carriers and brokers, and have access to some of the best jobs available for corporate risk managers.
The Butler MSRI is accredited by AACSB, the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than five percent of business schools have earned this prestigious accreditation. To earn AACSB accreditation, schools go through a rigorous internal assessment and peer review process by a team of education experts.