In alignment with the educational mission of Butler University and the Division of Student Affairs, the Office for Programs for Leadership and Service Education (PuLSE), in partnership with students, strives to create an environment that encourages educational and social growth with a dedication to continuous processing and application of experiences. By intentionally engaging students in interactive and diverse opportunities, the Office seeks to develop an ongoing commitment to leadership, service, and learning.
We help students to...
- Connect to and navigate the systems of the university as it pertains to leadership, service, and other involvement opportunities on campus and within the community.
- Process through and reflect on experiences with leadership, service and other involvement experiences in order to gain a better understanding of self and others.
- Apply leadership and interpersonal skills developed through involvement to practical situations.
- Increase awareness of diversity in terms of ideas, cultures, and needs through leadership, service, and involvement experiences.
- Leadership workshops
- Student organization support
- Flyer approval & campus posting information
- Fundraiser approval
- Event planning consultation
- Over 100 free sponsored events per year.
- Opportunities to start new activities and organizations
- Assistance with student organization financial management
- New student orientation programs
- Service learning opportunities/consultations
- New student organization recognition