The CUES Team
Staff directly housed within the CUES is small in number, so every project we undertake has a host of devoted individuals and groups that lead to success. Our projects are led and supported by a suite of CUES staff, Butler students, faculty affiliates, and community partners. We consider each and every one of our collaborators a part of the CUES Team.
Butler students are the lifeblood of the CUES. Students are involved through both paid and for-credit internships as well as volunteer opportunities. Our current interns and volunteers are working on the farm, with Butler Sustainability, on research projects with faculty, and with community partners.
Current CUES Interns & Volunteers
Haley Cowart, Environmental Studies '20 – Sustainability Intern
Carly Dobert, Biology '21 - Indy Wildlife Watch Intern
Jake Gerard, Biology '20 – Indy Wildlife Watch Intern
Noelle Grabowski, Biology '22 – Indy Wildlife Watch Volunteer
Torey Kazeck, Biology '21 - CUE Farm Intern
Jarrod Koester, History & Sociology '20 – Sociology Intern
Madison Jones, Biology '21 - CUE Farm Intern
DaCoda Love, Sociology '20– Sociology Intern
Spencer Lybrook, Biology '21 – SAUSI Intern
Cassidy Niewiadomski, Biology '21 - CUE Farm Intern
Hannah Ogrean, Energy Engineering & Environmental Science '23 – CUE Farm Volunteer
Natalie Pegg, Biology '20 - Indy Wildlife Watch Intern
Taylor Pugh, Digital Media Production '20 – CUES Communications Intern
Corrina Reiss, Art + Design '21 – CUE Farm Intern
Connor Riley, Biology '20 – Indy Wildlife Watch Intern
Stephanie Selby, Organizational Communications & Human Leadership '21 - CUE Farm Intern
Abby Shores, Biology '20 – Sustainability Intern
Addison Trapp, Biology '21 - Indy Wildlife Watch Intern
Samantha Worden, Biology '20 - Indy Wildlife Watch Volunteer
Butler faculty who conduct urban ecology or sustainability research connect with the CUES to leverage resources including student internships and volunteers, assistance with project coordination and execution, grant application support, and connections to community partners. CUES Faculty Affiliates come from many different disciplines and interests.
Our location within Indianapolis enables us to focus our efforts on the needs and challenges facing the city, while gaining fundamental knowledge that can be applied to cities worldwide. The CUES works with many community partners to offer projects on which the CUES is a collaborative partner, expand the impact of CUES-led projects, and provide Butler students with real-world experience.
The CUES Internal and External Advisory Committees play an integral role in guiding the brainstorming, planning, execution, and assessment of CUES strategic planning and activities. The diversity of disciplines and organizations represented are meant to stimulate innovation and collaboration among members.
Internal Advisory Committee
- Dr. Sean Berthrong, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
- Dr. Elizabeth Davis, Instructor, Department of Chemistry
- Dr. Rebecca Dolan, Director, Friesner Herbarium
- Dr. Thomas Dolan, Professor, Department of Biology
- Dr. Travis Ryan, Professor and Chair, Department of Biology
- Dr. Carmen Salsbury, Professor, Department of Biology
- Dr. Andrew Stoehr, Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
External Advisory Committee
- Mr. Imhotep Adisa, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Kheprw Institute
- Ms. Linda Broadfoot, Director, Indy Parks
- Dr. Burnell “Burney” C. Fischer, Clinical Professor Emeritus, Public and Environmental Affairs & Senior Research Fellow, The Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis, Indiana University
- Dr. Luke Gascho, Executive Director, Merry Lea Environmental Learning Center & Professor, Sustainability and Environmental Education, Goshen College
- Dr. Pierre-André Jacinthe, Director, Center for Earth and Environmental Sciences & Associate Professor, Earth Sciences, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Ms. Kelly Harris Brown, Metrics Manager and Collective Impact Coordinator, Reconnecting to Our Waterways & Founder and President, Current Consulting LLC
- Mr. Neil Myers, Principal, Williams Creek Consulting
- Dr. Alison O’Malley, Manager, Butler Business Consulting Group, Butler University
- Ms. Michele Schilten, Director of Education, Indianapolis Zoological Society, Inc.
- Dr. Brandon Sorge, Research and Evaluation Specialist, STEM Education Research Institute & Assistant Professor, Technology Leadership and Communication, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis