History of the College
The College of Pharmacy at Butler University originated in 1904 with the founding of the Winona Technical Institute. In 1914, the pharmacy department separated from the institute to become the Indianapolis College of Pharmacy (ICP). In 1930 the ICP became one of the first pharmacy colleges to create a four-year baccalaureate curriculum. In 1945 Butler and the Indianapolis College of Pharmacy merged, and erected a new building on Butler's campus in 1950. The building, with its fully mediated classrooms and state-of-the-art research and teaching laboratories, was completely renovated in 2008–2009. The name of the college was changed to College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences when the Physician Assistant program was developed in 1995.