Center for Academic Technology
The Center for Academic Technology provides expertise and leadership in the intersections of technology, teaching, and learning in support of the academic mission of Butler University. We support faculty and staff through consulting and development opportunities and student academic success through the Information Commons program.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Promoting an environment conducive to the exploration of innovative applications of technology for teaching and learning
- Researching, developing, and evaluating principles and methods for using technology to benefit and inspire individuals and organizations within the Butler community
- Maintaining a climate of collegiality and collaboration that respects diverse experiences and backgrounds while providing opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Fostering inquiry, advocacy, and dialogue about diverse learning models
- Developing collaborative and sustainable partnerships with individuals and groups throughout the Butler community
The Center for Academic Technology is a division of Academic Affairs.
Some of the services that the Center for Academic Technology team offers are:
- Academic application support Individual and group consulting and pedagogical support
- Group faculty and staff training workshops and continuing education
- Student academic support through the Information Commons program
- Special academic projects
For more information about the ways that our Information Commons program can support student learning in your classes, please visit the Information Commons webpage.
The Center for Academic Technology is located in JH037 in the basement of Jordan Hall. Please stop in to visit us or you can reach us at 317-940-8575. Learn more about the Center.