Career and Professional Success
Our virtual doors are still open!
Dear Butler Students,
While the coronavirus has disrupted all our lives, please know that the Office of Career and Professional Success (CaPS) is committed to supporting you consistently and creatively on this uncertain journey. See below for ways to connect with us. As always, check our online employment portal Handshake often. And, reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Senior Director, Career and Professional Success (CaPS)
Meet with us.
- Drop-ins: Our virtual doors are still open! Drop in on CaPS team member Alyssa Laskowski's daily Zoom chats for general help and guidance, Monday–Friday from 2:00–5:00 PM EDT. No appointment needed!
- Appointments: Virtual appointments for career help, general career exploration, and practice interviews are available via Handshake. Sign up as usual (if that link doesn’t take you directly to the webpage with the big, blue “Schedule a New Appointment” button, please log in, click ‘Career Center,’ then ‘Appointments’). Schedule a time with one of our career advisors.
- Workshops: To help you though this difficult and challenging time, CaPS will be offering virtual workshops for students. Please watch the Handshake Events page and your email for topics, dates, and times.
Connect with employers.
- ONLINE Nonprofit + Public Service Fair 2020: CaPS will continue to offer this fair in a virtual format on Thursday, March 26 from 4:30–6:00 PM EDT. Links to Zoom channels for each employer/grad school will be posted on the fair's Nonprofit + Public Service Fair’s Handshake webpage and butler.edu/career, and distributed via email.
- ONLINE Little Dawg Fair 2020: CaPS will continue to offer this fair in a virtual format on Thursday, April 16 from 4:30–6:00 PM EDT. Links to Zoom channels for each employer/grad school will be posted on the Little Dawg Fair’s Handshake webpage and butler.edu/career, and distributed via email.
- Networking: Use this time to continue to build connections with employers and alumni. Butler alumni want to talk with you on Wisr – Bulldogs Connect. Search for alumni in your area of interest and set up a time to chat via text or phone. Also, reach out to alumni and employers on LinkedIn.
- Job/Internship Applications: Do not stop applying! We’re gathering information from employers as things evolve and will issue more guidance via Handshake and email.
- On-campus Interviews: If you have an on-campus interview scheduled through Handshake, your interview slot will remain the same (unless you hear otherwise from the employer) and will take place virtually. Employers will reach out to you directly.
- Other Interviews: If you have an interview already scheduled, please reach out directly to the employer to ask about any changes to their process.