APDI was created as part of the Butler 2020 initiative. Together with the Office of the Provost and Strategic Innovations APDI has assisted with optimizing new and existing academic programs in the University
- Butler’s Lacy School of Business introduced an online Master of Science in Risk and Insurance (MSRI) program—among the first of its kind in the nation—with the first cohort beginning in January 2019.
- Butler’s summer online/hybrid program has seen an increase each year since its introduction in both the number of online/hybrid courses offered and the number of students enrolled in those courses. The increase has not taken away from the University’s face-to-face summer program and has added approximately $5.7 million in revenue over the past five summers.
- Butler invested in infrastructure to support graduate education programs, including upgrades to PeopleSoft and the Registrar's office, development, and hire of the Director of Academic Program Development and Innovation, the introduction of a revenue-share agreement, and creation of Graduate Council.
- Butler faculty approved the online Doctor of Medical Science degree. The University is awaiting approval from the Higher Learning Commission.
- Butler introduced graduate, non-degree certificates as a new level of educational offering.
"Since Butler’s founding in 1855, philanthropy has always fueled our vision. Now, we invite you to join us in writing Butler’s next great chapter. Butler Beyond: The Campaign for Butler University is a comprehensive fundraising campaign with the goal to raise $250 million by May 2022. Your gifts will extend the impact of a Butler education beyond today’s students and beyond the borders of our campus—that’s Butler Beyond."