A menu of three-hour courses to be taken in the first or second year.
- To demonstrate capacities for quantitative and analytic reasoning.
- To apply these capacities in a variety of practical contexts to the natural and social sciences.
Learning Outcomes Used for Assessment
- Students will demonstrate quantitative and analytical reasoning skills.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply quantitative and analytical reasoning skills to issues in natural or social sciences.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to explain how quantitative and analytical reasoning applies to situations in their personal or public life.
Exemption after successful completion of at least 5 hours of mathematics or computer sciences courses above algebra and pre-calculus; students in professional colleges (COPHS or COB) with college mathematics requirements. MA106 and MA162 satisfy the AR requirement.