About the Collective
The Collective is comprised of the four offices listed below but also has strong partnerships with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program, the Center for Academic Success & Exploration (CASE), and the Libraries:
- The Faculty Development program
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Office of Institutional Research and Assessment
- Academic Partnerships (formerly CAT).
As Butler’s programs expand to meet the needs of our community, the Collective will introduce current and future-oriented educational practices. The Collective will deliver a unified presence of services and resources to all instructors to:
- Increase coordination among member offices in joint strategic planning and programmatic efforts
- Improve efficiency through reduction or elimination of redundant services, resources, and efforts
- Proffer a “one-stop” shop for faculty excellence and development
The Collective will have the capacity to:
- Expand into new, relevant professional development programming areas
- Connect systematically with related initiatives on campus
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, community members, and programs engaged in related forms of experiential, community-based teaching, learning, and scholarship, helping to strengthen and generate new models for effective curricular engagement across a range of venues (e.g., internships, undergraduate research, learning communities, etc.)
- Garner external funding in support of the teaching, learning, and scholarship activities associated with curricular engagement.